StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Plastic "Chin Fairing" For 650

I am looking for a particular plastic engine guard for my 650. It looks exactly like the one shown in the photo below. I do not have any sort of tank guards, which makes this engine guard nice since it does not rely on having the tank guard to mount to. Anyone have an idea where to get this one?

Thanks

Attachments

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The picture is of a DL1000. It comes that way stock. It is not a bolt on fit for a DL650. People have converted SV650 chin fairings and also done other projects to get close to that look.

·
38,103 Posts
None of the things mentioned are engine guards. They are chin fairings. Hit a rock and they'll likely be pieces of plastic.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
None of the things mentioned are engine guards. They are chin fairings. Hit a rock and they'll likely be pieces of plastic.
Wrong.

The Hyde racing guard is a legitimate engine guard and is ideal for use on a Strom where the owner is travelling gravel and dirt roads but not trying to use the bike as a trail bike. They take a heck of a lot of abuse and actually look imo way better on the bike than most of the metal solutions.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
True...The Pyramid belly pan is just cosmetic. But it will provide some protection. It should be ok if you only ride on-road. If you plan on going off-road I would recomend something more durable.

·
38,103 Posts
The Hyde racing guard is a legitimate engine guard and is ideal for use on a Strom where the owner is travelling gravel and dirt roads but not trying to use the bike as a trail bike. They take a heck of a lot of abuse and actually look imo way better on the bike than most of the metal solutions.
I forgot about that one. It is a guard. The OP was specifically asking about a chin fairing as he wanted it to look exactly like the one in his picture. Items not looking exactly like the DL1000 chin fairing didn't belong in the hunt.

·
38,103 Posts
I agree with you on that point but was just correcting the Hyde racing issue.
And rightly so. It's a real guard.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the feedback guys. Notice I changed the thread topic to read "chin fairing" versus engine guard. Any particular reason why the chin fairing shown in my photo wouldn't fit on a 1000? Must be something about the mouting system that differs between the 2 models.

·
38,103 Posts
It's made for the 1000. The 650 has an entirely different engine and fairly different frame.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts