StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 on order and have started to think about wiring it. My 05 just has the GPS wired straight to the battery, and an Eastern Beaver harness for the Stebel horn. The Symtec grip heaters are wired from the bike's heated grip plug.

I want to add at least one plug to charge a cell phone and the like, and another for a heated vest. I could wire the GPS into a fusebox if need be: doesn't matter much to me.

Right now I'm thinking I'll order an Eastern Beaver fusebox, then add a couple of powerlet plugs. Or, I could just use the typical cigarette lighter plug up front, and a powerlet under the seat for a vest.

Questions:

1. Should I consider anything else, like the Centech boxes in lieu of the EB?
2. What length leads do I need for the fusebox - 12"? They're also available in 24,36,48 etc.
3. If I got two powerlet plugs, what do you use to "convert" standard laptop and cell phone chargers from the cigarrette lighter plug?
4. Should I power the Stebel horn through the fusebox, or direct to battery?

TIA!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
If you plan on more than a couple of electical devices, a fusebox is the way to go. Eastern Beaver is coming out with a new, smaller box which will probably be ready by the time you get your bike. Check with Jim Davis. Powerlets are much better connections than cig sockets. Jim also carries Powerlet. He's a great source, especially since he bought a Strom. See his V-Strom page at http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Bike_Specific/VStrom/vstrom.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts