StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I just check the Vermont State Park website, and as of today the parks are closed and will be re-opening Monday, June 15.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I’ll check it out!
Checked it out! My interpretation is they’ve cancelled all reservations through Memorial Day and are now accepting “new reservations “ from Jun 15th. So, I think Plan B weekend is still a go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Ah, I think I misinterpreted when I read "new reservations from June 15". I'm not signed up which may be a problem, it looks like everyone is in a cabin? Anyone on a camp site that wants to share?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ah, I think I misinterpreted when I read "new reservations from June 15". I'm not signed up which may be a problem, it looks like everyone is in a cabin? Anyone on a camp site that wants to share?
Ya....It’s not a precisely written announcement! LoL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm figuring on going, and taking whatever campsite is available at the time. Not making a reservation. Don't think the New York kid is coming this time. :-( Maybe have another friend or two with me. This one's like only about a hundred miles from my house.
Stay well all.
Ride safe all.
gary

·
Registered
575 Posts
Just came off the Vermont State Park website. They're closed to camping until at least June 25! Looked at Green Mountain and White Mountain NATIONAL forests... closed to camping. This really sucks! I'm guessing Adirondack Park is the same.... Syd? At least it makes me realize how much I miss meeting up with motorcycle buddies!
Stay well all.
Ride safe all.
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Guys,
We still have options. Why can't we do inexpensive motels and share rooms?
Still very safe.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Check out:
I had this one on my list of possible group event sites. Not sure if they are allowed to host small groups.

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Thanks Harmut. Lake Clear would be considered North Country according to our King Cuomo. North Country is on schedule to open up right now. Point is, we can find a location for plan B somewhere, and this could be an awesome time to ride with much less traffic. I took the weekend off, and would love to/will be riding somewhere. Pete, what say you?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
There is a NY State camping facility almost across the street. Not sure that is open so.

I can't make that weekend. If its a week later I could lead a nice ride form there or if you guys go I can send you a route I would take. Some of it are remnants of earlier NEVA's.. There are some fantastic, lonely, curvey, roads around there.

·
Registered
575 Posts
With very little twist of the arm, I could do that! :)
Ride safe all.
gary

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
I was thinking of just pushing it back 2 weeks until they open June 26-29. Vermont is still requiring quarantining until the 15th. Or I found a few Air B&Bs that would work the original weekend in NH. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Pete,
I am o.k. with either one. Will they for sure open on the 26th? Who knows. Maybe a head count as to which weekend would draw the most riders.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Even though I wasn't signed on officially, I'll need to bow out. Working on 6/20 and 6/27, and a family event on 6/14. Hopefully you'll be able to work out a new location & date.

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Pete etal,
I just checked the Vermont State Campground website, and they said they will be closed " at least through 6/25/20. In addition, they appear to be very strict, and expect people to self quarantine in Vermont for 2 weeks prior to camping there. I don't think Plan B will be a go. Pete and others - what are your thoughts? I would be willing to ride anywhere that weekend, or any other weekend for that matter. I can't believe it, but here in the Adirondacks, things are beginning to open up. We are in phase 1 of completely opening up, and slowly businesses are re-opening. There are plenty of Motels and campgrounds here that will be up and running by June 11. As with any of the other trips, I took the time off, and am ready, willing and able to join any of you for a great riding weekend almost anywhere.
Syd

·
Registered
575 Posts
I love riding the Adirondacks! I'm free most weekends ( most weekdays, too! ) except June 6/7. Will keep watching "Plan B" for Plan C!! lol
Ride safe all.
gary

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Ya!! I’m gonna make the call and say Plan B in Vermont is postponed for 2020!

That said, here’s Plan C.
If anyone wants to ride to Maine that weekend, Cindy and I will open our home for some yard camping!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Thanks for the offer to host Pete. I may be able swing it after all, just need to leave for home bright and early on Sunday morning.

I was checking into NH State parks, a few are opening this weekend to NH residents only. There isn't a plan yet for June. Took a ride through VT today, passed by old Plan B state parks - Silver Lake & Gifford - both were locked up. The Barnard General Store was open, got lunch there.

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
Thanks for the offer to host Pete. I may be able swing it after all, just need to leave for home bright and early on Sunday morning.

I was checking into NH State parks, a few are opening this weekend to NH residents only. There isn't a plan yet for June. Took a ride through VT today, passed by old Plan B state parks - Silver Lake & Gifford - both were locked up. The Barnard General Store was open, got lunch there.
Sad - damn you Covid 19 for messing with my motorcycling!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts