1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Plan "B" is an "A" rated event! I'm pretty sure we're spending this summer in the area, so I'll be looking hard at a reservation soon. Thanks for picking up the "Plan A" slack! lol
Is it July yet?
Ride soon and safe all.
gary

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
yesssssssss I am in haha.

I am not going to reserve a site until the new year when I can nail down my vacation time. I started a new job and i'm bottom guy for vacation days. However I only work 4 days a week in July/Aug so every weekend is a long weekend so I can come Friday for sure :)

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Pete, you devil. You slipped in this thread right past me!!! Of course I am in. As Mike said, this Plan B is A rated. So far, Gary's Mohawk weekend and Plan B on my schedule. I am on track for a full dance card in 2019. I hope Kevin starts the ball rolling soon with NEVA 19. I also was thinking of a week trip to Nova Scotia if I can fit it in my schedule. We shall see. The way things are looking for a new/different bike, I will be riding my '14 1000 until it dies!( not a bad thing).:grin2:

Woke up at 2:30 a.m. I just reserved the Moose Cabin at Gifford Woods State Park. Is it July yet?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pete, you devil. You slipped in this thread right past me!!! Of course I am in. As Mike said, this Plan B is A rated. So far, Gary's Mohawk weekend and Plan B on my schedule. I am on track for a full dance card in 2019. I hope Kevin starts the ball rolling soon with NEVA 19. I also was thinking of a week trip to Nova Scotia if I can fit it in my schedule. We shall see. The way things are looking for a new/different bike, I will be riding my '14 1000 until it dies!( not a bad thing).:grin2:

Woke up at 2:30 a.m. I just reserved the Moose Cabin at Gifford Woods State Park. Is it July yet?

The 2019 Peep Show is posted also btw.... I’m still looking at doing a NS trip sometime myself, though my summer is filling up fast!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,896 Posts

I'll meet you in Nova Scotia :)

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Very interested in trying to make this. I'm not overly familiar with the area is there much dirt to ride, not really looking for single track or anything just some fun easy/ intermediate dirt with some good views along the way.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Very interested in trying to make this. I'm not overly familiar with the area is there much dirt to ride, not really looking for single track or anything just some fun easy/ intermediate dirt with some good views along the way.
Madscrapper85, you just described the State of Vermont. There are hundreds of miles of hard packed dirt roads and great paved roads. IMHO, some of the best motorcycle roads in the country. Welcome aboard if you decide to join us.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Reserved the "Apple" lean-to........ YIPPPEEEEEEEE!!! :)
g

·
Registered
566 Posts
Forwarded info to Billy, whose presently on a DR650, John, BMW R1200GSA, and Beemerjim. :)
g

·
Registered
67 Posts
Very interested in this gathering. We have a summer place near Plattsburgh NY. Always wanted to explore VT riding. Looks like a nice ride over from NY. Will plan on being there.

Cheers

·
Registered
157 Posts
Very interested in this gathering. We have a summer place near Plattsburgh NY. Always wanted to explore VT riding. Looks like a nice ride over from NY. Will plan on being there.

Cheers
Done the PDR a couple of times.... VT Riding in the summer is the best and even better in the Fall....

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thinking of going ..... work permitting.... here's a map of the Park....
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=2ahUKEwjA742a9pDgAhUChbwKHQ6ZD2EQFjABegQIMxAD&url=https://vtstateparks.com/assets/pdf/gifford.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1eI_rTVUt8xAIBW1FZIjkx

I don't see the prices listed what do these sites run approximately....??

I believe tent sites are approx $20, leanto’s are approx $30 and cabins are approx $50.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Kenstogie and Railrocker,
Plan B is always a great weekend. I am sure you will have a great time if you attend. Great bunch of riders. Pete (Tnkrplt ) started this weekend a few years ago. A great group of riders.

Northeast Vstrom Adventure weekend, the first weekend in August, is also a great riding weekend. 8 years running, we usually get a good number of Canadians and U.S. riders from the Northeast. This year we will be in Vermont, a campground in Andover. Check it out under Events. This year, Pete (Tnkrplt) and I are planning this event.

Syd (chirosyd).

1 - 20 of 75 Posts