StromTrooper banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
For those locals who were interested in joining us for day rides we will be looking to depart 8am-ish each morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve, if possible I would like to pick your brain at Mt. Philo about your Tiger. I have created a dilemma for myself- do I buy the Tracer GT, purchase a 2018 tiger 800 xrx, or ride my 1000 into the ground. You have bought and sold a number of bikes, and am sure you have a reasonable perspective.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Syd,
I love to talk bikes! Of course!
I've got a few things to do in the morning, so I may not get up to Philo until 5-ish.
Looking forward to the weekend.

Reactions: om28 and chirosyd

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
It looks like I'll have the weekend off, is there room for one more tent in a lean too?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Maybe not in leanto but next to them is room!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
OK, I'll see you on Saturday!

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Just got home and unpacked.

Big thanks to Pete for organizing this yearly event. Great bunch of riders, I had an awesome time. The weekend could NOT have been better. Can't wait until next year. For those that missed this event, make a note now:hurray: for next year.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Pete, THANKS!

I took the long way home through the Adirondacks and then a southern route incorporating RT10 and RT80 with Alan and Ron. Actually I took too long a route, plus bad traffic around Syracuse and on I90 made me get back just past 8pm, 12h day with over 90F in stop and go on I90. But apart from that we had a great time for a total of over 1.3k :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
A BIG thanks to Pete for putting this together!! Even though I only spent 1 night it was a great time, I think one of the most enjoyable of the many Stromtrooper events I've attended.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Free pizza is all the thanks I need.....

Seriously it’s my pleasure! Riding and camping with my compadres is good for the soul! Definitely going to be a yearly event. Someplace new again next year!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Plan B is "The Bomb!" I'd no doubt this would be a stellar event. Pete does it right! Hoping to catch up with y'all for the Peep Show. And hoping I'll have Billy ( FDNY ) and John ( BMW 1200 GSA ) and Tom ( Psycledellic ) in tow!
Ride safe all.
gary

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Maybe you should start a day earlier?!?
That may have worked, in a perfect world. A family event, prevented that. I actually had planned on getting up there a couple of days early and visiting a friend in Eliizabethtown, NY and riding some other places like Camel's Hump, but as they say "The best of plans".

61 - 74 of 74 Posts