StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
2mstone, we picked up trash along Route 31 in Driggs last year.
An awesome day!

I thought we'd be spending the winter in Boulder City, NV, in which case I was going to contact you. But, my knee blew up, had urgent surgery, and returned to home in Massachusetts. We're in west Massachusetts. If you come down this way, we can give you a bed and breakfast ( or two or three!). I have to confess to searching the great expanse of desert that is my old brain, and forgot your name! lol Let me know what's shakin'!
Ride safe all,
Gary
I remember you telling me your knee problems...sorry to hear that. I'm still working my ride plan for the TLH, but it would be great to visit with you again.
I hope everything is healed and going well for you,

Ken
ps I still have a couple passes to Front Sight if you get down to Sin city.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Heyyyyyyyy..........would you guys mind posting a map of some of your rides? My plan is to ride the Trans Labrador hwy June/July and would love some route ideas. I will go south from the TLH hit Madawaska, then West(ish) through Vermont toward Chicago.

I have some old rides I’ll post in the info folder in a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Here's a link to previous rides in Vermont. Includes PDF maps, GPX files and movies! Route 3 to Route 114 is nice in the Eastern Part of VT. You can't really go wrong sticking to the triple digit roads in VT. Google Puppy Dog Trail if riding dirt roads the length of Vermont interests you.

Vermont Rides Link

·
Registered
567 Posts
Excellent link, Pete.
Ken, that's me that Pete's following in the first video - hi-viz vest, going through Smuggler's Notch. Thank God he wasn't behind me when we pulled into the campground and I fell over!! lol I'm on a '14 VStrom 1000 now. More news..... Patty and I have secured a house for 5 weeks in Victor, Idaho. July 24 - August 31. I'll be trailering my bike out so we can have both a car and a bike! Yipppeeeeee.
Ride safe all.
gary

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Excellent link, Pete.
Ken, that's me that Pete's following in the first video - hi-viz vest, going through Smuggler's Notch. Thank God he wasn't behind me when we pulled into the campground and I fell over!! lol I'm on a '14 VStrom 1000 now. More news..... Patty and I have secured a house for 5 weeks in Victor, Idaho. July 24 - August 31. I'll be trailering my bike out so we can have both a car and a bike! Yipppeeeeee.
Ride safe all.
gary
I thought I was the only one that fell over like that.....

I'll be returning from my TLh ride during that time, maybe I'll be able to stop in and say hello. Whenever I'm in that neighborhood I like to stop at the Emporium and get a huckleberry shake... :)

The Roadside clean up from last year (your handsome mug 7 pix down;
Tombstone's Travels: Friends of Ted III

I gave it (Roadside Cleanup) up. It seemed interest was waning. Ted's children were getting busier every year. It was nice while it lasted.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Pete, I'll be planning another "Plan A". With western travels not starting till early to mid July or so, I'll probably be attending "Plan B". Much more comfortable on the liter bike now after several thousand miles, lowering it 1" and lowering the gearing by one tooth on the front sprocket.

Ken, keep us all, here in New England, posted on your TLH plan and ride. Never know, perhaps some can catch up for a portion of it. I'll keep you posted on western travels.

Ride safe all.
gary

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hey Kids,
I'm figuring I'll be on the road to the Tetons, or already will have arrived by this time. :)
I'll send a post card! Expect to be back to New England riding sometime in September.
Ride safe all.
gary

·
Registered
22,198 Posts
Maybe I can do this one. No worries if there are no campsites left, my dad and brother live in the neighboring town of Hinesburg, the area is the stomping grounds of my youth, my first job in high school was less than a mile from Mt Philo

·
Registered
567 Posts
I already feel like I'm gonna be missing out on another great motorcycle camp out!! :-(
Ride safe ( and soon! ) all.
gary

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I already feel like I'm gonna be missing out on another great motorcycle camp out!! :-(

Ride safe ( and soon! ) all.

gary

You know you’ll be missed! Last year’s was pretty cool.
At least we’ll get to hang at Mohawk!

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Pete,
Thanks for organizing this one. I'm looking into this. Two questions:

1) Are most riders arriving on Thurs 7/12? Or is Fri morning 7/13 also doable?

2) Any room left in the lean to areas?

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Pete,

Kevin
Kevin,
I am leaving on Thursday at 2p.m. I reserved a lean from Thursday to Monday, as that is the minimum stay. You are welcome to stay at my lean to. I believe there is room for two tents. I would consider leaving early friday morning if you were splitting the lean to with me. Just let me know. I believe it is about a two hour ride from Queensbury.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Kevin,
I am leaving on Thursday at 2p.m. I reserved a lean from Thursday to Monday, as that is the minimum stay. You are welcome to stay at my lean to. I believe there is room for two tents. I would consider leaving early friday morning if you were splitting the lean to with me. Just let me know. I believe it is about a two hour ride from Queensbury.
Syd,
Thank you kindly. I am trying to confirm if I can arrange for childcare for that Thurs/Friday. I'll try to find out soon.

Be well.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Pete,

Kevin

I’m arriving Thursday myself. Only the lean to reservers have signed up so far so there is room in to leantos!

·
Registered
567 Posts
The lean tos are freakin' awesome!! :)
First ride this year, 2/21/18 ....... 70+ degrees! WoooHooooooo!
Ride safe all.
gary

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I’m arriving Thursday myself. Only the lean to reservers have signed up so far so there is room in to leantos!

Having just returned from Gary's great Mohawk Trail weekend (Thank you, Gary!) Wifey has asked me to put my bike adventures on the calendar. I'm in for this weekend! Woohoo!!

Pete, If you have room in your lean-to, may I join you? There are also tent sites available I think. My keyboard won't make the "at" symbol all of a sudden so I couldn't complete on line registration.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Having just returned from Gary's great Mohawk Trail weekend (Thank you, Gary!) Wifey has asked me to put my bike adventures on the calendar. I'm in for this weekend! Woohoo!!

Pete, If you have room in your lean-to, may I join you? There are also tent sites available I think. My keyboard won't make the "at" symbol all of a sudden so I couldn't complete on line registration.

Absolutely!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 74 Posts