StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd like to propose a lesser organized plan B (Again)

Who: The Usual Suspects (Not just a great movie)

What: Good friends riding Northern VT

When: 12-15 July 18

Where: Mount Philo State Park, VT

Why: Why Not? Like you really need a reason to ride...

Reservations: 1-888-409-7579 or Reservations Link

Clickable Info Linky: Info Linky

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
I just reserved Oak lean to from Thursday July 12-Monday the 16th. Looks like another winning Vermont camground. For sure, Vermont was made for motorcycling. My dance card for 2018 is filling up nicely. NEVA, and now Mt. Philo. Keep them coming.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a nice small campground with fantastic views! Plus it's close to Burlington with all its food options! With two leantos reserved we're good for at least 6 people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Boy cabin fever starts early this year?? NEVA18 and now this one. And the leaves are not even down.

Pete thanks for organizing! Looks like a fun gathering. Not sure where you can find a description of this site spaces/ lean to's. Being lazy, can I get a space in one of your lean to shelters?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just click on the links in the first post. It'll take you to the camp website and reservations. If you wouldn't mind reserve the remaining leanto (Cedar) and we'll have all 3. That'll ensure we can accommodate up to 9 people.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Just click on the links in the first post. It'll take you to the camp website and reservations. If you wouldn't mind reserve the remaining leanto (Cedar) and we'll have all 3. That'll ensure we can accommodate up to 9 people.

Done, booked:
CEDAR ($123.00 - 3 Campers, 0 Children 3 and under, 0 Pets)
4 NIGHTS CEDAR(07/12/18-07/16/18) @ 29.00 = 116.00
1 RESERVATION FEE CEDAR(07/12/18-07/16/18) = 7.00

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool! Now we're guaranteed space for at least 9 people! There's only 10 sites total.

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Pete,
Did you email the others from Mohawk Trail weekends that don't go on to Stromtrooper? Beemer Jim etc... Gary will know their emails.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Cool! Now we're guaranteed space for at least 9 people! There's only 10 sites total.

Is there a site map somewhere to have an idea where we are? What facilities are there, drinking water and for coffee/ tee or do we need to bring a bladder?

I have not camped since my trip to Sturgis. You guys make me do crazy things :)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pete,

Did you email the others from Mohawk Trail weekends that don't go on to Stromtrooper? Beemer Jim etc... Gary will know their emails.

I pm'd Gary. Assumed he'd pass on the info.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is there a site map somewhere to have an idea where we are? What facilities are there, drinking water and for coffee/ tee or do we need to bring a bladder?

I have not camped since my trip to Sturgis. You guys make me do crazy things :)

There is water !

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
First, Pete: a huge THANK YOU!! for organizing the recent Peep Show and ordering perfect weather, and leading a magnificent Saturday ride!

Very interested and tentatively in for this. I'll mention it to Jim and Randy as well.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Heyyyyyyyy..........would you guys mind posting a map of some of your rides? My plan is to ride the Trans Labrador hwy June/July and would love some route ideas. I will go south from the TLH hit Madawaska, then West(ish) through Vermont toward Chicago.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Hi Pete,
Didn't get a PM on this. I'll certainly forward the info on to "Off Stromtrooper grid" riders. Patty and I are hoping to get back out to the Tetons for the summer of '18, so I'm holding off on signing in here. All is up in the air at this point. If we're in New England at this time and your campground is full, I'll just find another nearby place to camp or motel (ugh) it. Also, if it looks like we're staying in the area for next May or June, I'll be reserving the group site at Mohawk......
2mstone, we picked up trash along Route 31 in Driggs last year. I thought we'd be spending the winter in Boulder City, NV, in which case I was going to contact you. But, my knee blew up, had urgent surgery, and returned to home in Massachusetts. We're in west Massachusetts. If you come down this way, we can give you a bed and breakfast ( or two or three!). I have to confess to searching the great expanse of desert that is my old brain, and forgot your name! lol Let me know what's shakin'!
Ride safe all,
Gary

1 - 20 of 74 Posts