StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any reputable salvage yards to get used parts from? If they are near PA, that would be a bonus. I searched Google and found one or 2, but when I use their parts requests, I get no response. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Some of the salvage yards have bins and shelves of parts--bins of assorted brake calipers, for example. You might want to take a sample of what you need to get the right part.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Does anyone know of any reputable salvage yards to get used parts from? If they are near PA, that would be a bonus. I searched Google and found one or 2, but when I use their parts requests, I get no response. Any suggestions?
Here in Somerset we has a small "Ma & Pa" motorcycle salvage yard that I frequent. The name is Heiple Cycle Salvage & telephone No. = 814-445-6787.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
281 Posts
Were the places you tried in Delaware? We have two spot ... both have helped me immensly in the past. They may notor may not currently have Strom unique parts but some things are universal. Also, I don't advertise it but I have the remnants of a salvage '07 1000 maybe I could help. DB

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had tried submitting on www.mrcycleparts.com, and got 2 generic responses, but I haven't gotten any replies to my follow up emails. I bought a DL650 insurance write-off that had hit a deer and I'm trying to rebuild "on the cheap". :) At this point, I still need:

1-headlight assembly with mounting bracket
1-left side fairing (the one on the gas tank), prefer gray or black, but would consider other colors
1-right side fairing (the one on the gas tank), prefer gray or black, but would consider other colors

Were the places you tried in Delaware? We have two spot ... both have helped me immensly in the past. They may notor may not currently have Strom unique parts but some things are universal. Also, I don't advertise it but I have the remnants of a salvage '07 1000 maybe I could help. DB

·
Registered
21 Posts
Some of the salvage places you simply have to call them and then follow up
with them again. I got some parts for my Strom in Phoenix and that place
only did business over the phone. I tried e-mailing a couple of places as
well and got little or no response.

Here is the contact info I got parts from:
BOB'S USED MOTORCYCLE PARTS - 1325 E. Elwood - Phoenix, AZ 85040 Phone:602 243-4241

1 - 9 of 9 Posts