StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. About march this year I purchased the PL532 side racks from sport tour and mounted them. I have lost one rubber nub...which is no real big deal. One metal nub that mounts the side case to the rack. I don't do off road and i use the bags very rarely..due to vibration i believe the nub nut and nub fell off. I called Sport tour and left voicemail...no response. Emailed Givi and they emailed me with a number to call. I called and told them the story. I ordered a parts kit for 12 bucks. Needless to say i think if i were to do it again i would take the nubs and parts off...locktite them...and then mount them. I wish Givi would have done that so as not to have to go through all this...Just FYI. Like i said ..i rarely use the side bags which i believe are the Givi52's ....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Good advice. I had one of the metal mushrooms/buttons come loose on my Givi racks while on the road. Tightened it, checked the rest (all OK) and Loctited when I got home. The set on the VFR didn't give me any problem with many more miles on them, though.

Glenn

Ok. About march this year I purchased the PL532 side racks from sport tour and mounted them. I have lost one rubber nub...which is no real big deal. One metal nub that mounts the side case to the rack. I don't do off road and i use the bags very rarely..due to vibration i believe the nub nut and nub fell off. I called Sport tour and left voicemail...no response. Emailed Givi and they emailed me with a number to call. I called and told them the story. I ordered a parts kit for 12 bucks. Needless to say i think if i were to do it again i would take the nubs and parts off...locktite them...and then mount them. I wish Givi would have done that so as not to have to go through all this...Just FYI. Like i said ..i rarely use the side bags which i believe are the Givi52's ....

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Don't feel bad. The Givi's I put on a Kawasaki and parts fell off until I lock tited them. The dealer was good about ordering spare bits because to seems to happen regularly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts