StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a set of Pivot Pegz MK3 from AltRider. They aren't cheap but if you're going to have the bike for a long time, why not?

Took just a few days for them to show up at the front door.

Compared to stock.

Couldn't be easier to install. I'd read on earlier reviews of people having to grind or file a little on them so they'd fit in the stock brackets. They were drop in with no modifications at all! All you have to do is remove one C clip on the end of the main retaining pin.

I won't be using my Wee on anything more serious than a few dirt roads so I sprung for the Toppers (plastic covers with a less aggressive surface). They're held on by four supplied zip-ties.

I haven't got a chance to ride with them on yet. I may have to adjust the shift lever slightly, not sure yet but the brake side is fine.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thanks for the install pics. I will have to give these pegs some thought...I like'em.:thumbup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
So how are these working out for you?

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
great pegs

Put a set on my 2007 Vee this spring and there are perfect.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So how are these working out for you?
I like'em!

Besides the extra width (and justifying the additional cost) I like that I haven't had to adjust the shifter or brake height. I've read that others going with wider pegs (and no pivot) have had to adjust the shifter and brake due to the reduced gap between them. With the pivot action there is no need. I plan on having the bike for a long time so I didn't mind the price to much.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had a set of these on a KLR that I'm selling for 2 years and love em. Find that especially wearing thicker boots that don't have as much flex it makes getting under the shifter much easier! Selling the KLR this weekend in order to pick up a V-strom and I'm keeping my Pivot's to bring over since from my understanding they are compatible. :)

Here is my logic, lots of KLR and Vstrom people get pegs off of a DR650 therefore if it fits on a DR it fits on a KLR and a DL so if I have my pivot pegz that fit a KLR they should fit a DL! Logic!!

Otherwise I'll have to sell them and pick up a new set somehow which would be a bummer because they are expensive and you never get that back selling privately!

·
Administrator
17,256 Posts
I just installed KLR pegs on my 2015 650, was easy peezy and almost like made for the Strom. You have to play around with the return spring a bit to work right, but other than that it is a nice and "cheap" improvement over the narrow and small slippery stocker pegs. I did adjust my shift lever up some, but was also much more needed due to more aggressive ADV boots I just bought.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I've got them on my 03 and I love them. Took about a hundred miles of riding or so to get used to shifting with them but now it's not even a second thought. Very nice pieces.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
The name pivot pegs ....do they tilt forward to get a toe under the shifter.

I just bought a lowering kit for the KLR and really helps with boots and knee angle.

1987-2016 KLR650 Foot Peg Lowering Brackets

it takes the peg down and back letting big boots fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts