StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be from a member here, but early this week I'm getting a DL1000 with 14k miles on her, nicely outfitted. I'm very excited to park this next to my 09 KLR650. I'll post some pictures once I have it.

I'm in the Pittsburgh area, Beaver County. I love my KLR650, but look forward to the power and hopefully more comfort of the Strom.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Welcome to the forum larry0071.:thumbup: I believe you will find what you are looking for.:jawdrop:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wife and I went to look at it last week before I had to get out of town for the week (work related trip) and I gave the fellow some hand money down on the bike.

Took a test ride and took some photos. 03 V Strom DL1000 with 14K Miles on it.

I can not wait to get it home this coming week and start riding it in the rain! (This year, all it does is rain in Western PA.... I am considering building an ark!)

He has a slew of aftermarket doo-dads, some sort of DynoJet box under the seat, armor skid plate, engine guards, Jesse Luggage, Givi 45L top box, heated grips, Pulsing headlights of death that will be removed, LED KITT car style rear turn signal thing, ATV bars, Fuel Miester Cruise, Stock and Corbin seat, 3 windshields..... Im sure there is more, but that is all I can think of off the top of my head.

I'm assuming right quick, I will need to get a new chain. On the KLR650 at 14K miles the chain was crashing and burning hard and fast. Where is a good place to get the 525 chain or to upgrade the whole shit and sha-bang up to 530 without needing to refinance the house?

Im thinking one of my first changes may be 5K Color HID kits, I did the 8K color on the KLR and love the additional light output with less amp draw.

The bike has all the tools and the service manual for balancing the throttle bodies as well, and the current owner recently ballanced the system.

I think I'm good to go, paid $5K for the bike.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yea, it has aftermarket stainless steel exhaust, Staintune and KN air filter also.

Really, there is not much left to desire in the way of farkles..... I told my wife, I can buy this and just ride it.... not take $200+ per paycheck to buy what is missing.

Anyone looking for a nice 09 KLR650? 15K miles, loved, scratched and used... more reliable than your wife!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brought her home this evening and washed her up, then brought her in to meet her sister, my other love....

Of course, she was upset about leaving her old master, so she tried to resist the trip home by spewing her green bile onto the street...

But after throwing that fit, i put the radiator cap on correctly and kept venturing onward.
Finally, i got her home and treated her to a warm bubble bath, hand sponged her, of course. This i think got her to warm up to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts