StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Sorta

WNY north of Bradford, PA but do most of my riding in north central PA because of the nicer roads and cheaper gas. Be out this weekend with or without my cold weather fearing riding buddies and they're the ones with ALL the heated gear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually grew up not far from Bradford and do some riding up that way every now and then. I'm looking into a Wee to replace my vstar currently. I'll let ya know when it gets a little warmer (I don't like cold either) when I'll be up that way.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm from Durham, NC, but Ill be passing through Bradford on wednesday on my way to buffalo for thanksgiving.

I was browsing around a bit to see if there are members from that area, just in case I break down on my way. It's been known to happen...

·
Registered
984 Posts
Cool

I actually grew up not far from Bradford and do some riding up that way every now and then. I'm looking into a Wee to replace my vstar currently. I'll let ya know when it gets a little warmer (I don't like cold either) when I'll be up that way.
Got out with a couple of buddies yesterday and rode thru Bradford and up along the Kinzua reservoir back into NY then down the west side of the reservoir to the Horse Shoe Inn for eats and to watch the Bills take a spanking. Place was crawling with hunters in camo as it was the second day of deer season. Rode home thru Ellicottville and Great Valley, NY with temps in the mid 40's but didn't turn the heated jacket liner on all day. Good ride and hope to get in another one next Sunday but I expect it will be the last for the season. Might head down Pitt way next spring to look up Crazy Jake Fischer at his shop on RT. 8 south of Butler, PA. I think you'll like the Wee as it's just about the best all around do it all kinda bike out there. Maybe we'll get together for a ride someday as there's lots of good riding in this region.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Anyone from around Pittsburgh, Pa?
Not any more :bom_cry2: I lived in Regent Square for 2 years and in that area for another 8 on top of that.

What I miss:

1) Snow
2) Friendly Neighborhoods
3) Primanti Brothers
4) Stillers
5) Pens
6) My old Dojo

What I don't miss:

1) Summer
2) Humidity
3) Lack of Health conscious people (I used to get made fun of a lot for being a runner)

huh. Not sure why I posted here now. Well I never did find another Vstrom rider in Pittsburgh when I lived there...Here I have quite a few friends from this forum who hang out and help work on bikes and go on rides together.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
I'm out near the airport. My day rides generally go west and north. I can't stand going anywhere near town. I commute 79 daily, year round. When the roads are really bad, (ice and snow), you may see some moron running 79 on a KLR, that would be me also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Riding around town is certainly brutal. One thing I miss about living in the south hills is that I could escape to Ohiopyle pretty quickly. Hope ya have some studs on that KLR :yikes:

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm out near the airport. My day rides generally go west and north. I can't stand going anywhere near town. I commute 79 daily, year round. When the roads are really bad, (ice and snow), you may see some moron running 79 on a KLR, that would be me also.
I think I've seen you in my travels... I'm from about 1.5 hrs north, Meadville. There might not be an abundance of V-Strom riders in the burgh but with the import dealer in Wexford there's a bunch of those running around. My riding keeps me up this way for the most part, commuting to Youngstown each day. So far I've only seen one other strom up my way, I think the guy commutes between maybe New Castle and Greenville... black bike with aluminum cases.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Im in Beaver County, 20 miles North of Down town Burgh, right off of RT 65 North.

03 Strom 1000
09 KLR650
09 KLX250s

·
Registered
37 Posts
Born and raised on the north side. Went to Perry High School. Charlotte is home now. Still get back often...lot's of family/friends in Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in Erie, near the airport. Any Western PA riders going to Ironhorse in Stecoah, NC in October ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Over here in the north hills area. Born here and managed to escape to virginia for a couple of years, but pittsburgh, being the vortex that it is, sucked me back up! If ya see a blue strom in the ccac parking lot practicing some slow speed stuff or locating peg feelers beep! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Pittsburgh

Born and raised in the Overbrook section of the Burgh right along Rt 51. I now live in Montoursville, PA. I spent my youth riding in the wods of Somerset County. I Still have friends and relatives in Pgh but do not get back as often as I used to. Better riding up here.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have family up there. I live in MD about 3.5 hours from pitt. Sometimes I get to bring my wee up. Did some exploring out there once, went out toward wheeling wv, found some dirt roads and river crossing. It was awesome! Looking forward to coming back. Ill post if I get to ride up again. Mayb get to meet some of you.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm in Erie, near the airport. Any Western PA riders going to Ironhorse in Stecoah, NC in October ?
I'm looking at making a quick weekend of the one in May that's listed in the event section.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Home base in WNY also. Rode Kinzua to Bradford a couple times this summer. Seem to often end up in E-ville throughout the summer. All roads must lead there. sunny & 50 today. If it wasn't for the salt.....

·
Registered
984 Posts
Oh yeah...

Home base in WNY also. Rode Kinzua to Bradford a couple times this summer. Seem to often end up in E-ville throughout the summer. All roads must lead there. sunny & 50 today. If it wasn't for the salt.....
How come we've never met? I live in Olean and commute to work over the "hill" to Bradford. Fave place in EVL is the "Coolings Cafe". Me and the Posse lunch there frequently and enjoy the fire pit at Coffee Culture down the street. We ride down in PA a lot, mostly north central but have wandered down close to the Maryland border from time to time. Our little group is the POBPP, Pathetic Old Bastards Pie Posse. Ride to Eat, Eat to Ride.:yesnod:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts