StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who do we have in southwestern PA? I'm betting there is a nice sized group. I'm looking forward to doing a LOT more exploring of forest service and state game lands roads this summer in PA, WV and southeast OH (Wayne Natl Forest).

I'm Garry from Murrysville (suburbs east of Pittsburgh). 2004 DL650.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Yo, Bob here from Greensburg. I've probably explored alot of the same roads you have, Garry, since we're not that far apart.

Anyone going to the Blessing in Murrysville next month? I'm going up with my brother in law and was hoping to find a few Stroms there this year.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am the organizer of the Sport-Touring.Net "Meat and Eat" at Dennys Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield that same day. Last year we had close to 100 riders show up from seven states (mostly sport/sport-touring bikes, some adventure bikes too). Lots of interest in this years event. I expect it to be at least as big as last year unless the weather sucks. It's a nice 2-3 hour ride to Clearfield, have lunch and BS with the other attendees at the home of the Worlds Largest Burger, then have a nice ride home. All are welcome to join in the fun. I've posted this on several regional web forums too.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not Pittsburgh, but I'm over by State College in Centre county. I may be able to make it to Denny's but I'm not 100% sure at this point.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone interested in exploring some dirt roads between Seven Springs and Laurel Mtn ski resorts? I'm a relative newb at this adventure thing but have been on a few good candidates and think there are more good ones in the area. Bring a GPS and some maps and go exploring...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lets go. I've been on a few down there already, but I'm sure I missed some.
I seem to recall that you work weekends and have your days off mid-week? I'm a regular Mon-Fri daylight worker with my weekends free. My hope is to eventually map a mostly dirt road route down the Laurel Highlands into WV. Kind of a mini-TAT to Elkins and the Mon National Forest.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I occasionally get a Sunday off. Actually I am looking at a new job that would give me weekends off, possibly 3 day weekends. I'm gonna go explore some today, I'll let you know what I find.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello from NorthWest Pa. Fertigs to be exact. I live very near Allegheny National Forest, and Tionesta. Lots of great dirt roads, in fact we just got indoor plumbing and lights, lol but really got roads for the Strom. Wilbur-J

·
Registered
86 Posts
was able to put togather 70+ miles of all dirt today except for a couple a miles of black top and that's just scratchin the surface. come on up and let's ride--------------what do ya say. start early stop for lunch and ride till dark great day. I am rather boring cause I don't drink booze riding or not, but still some beautifus scenes. including bald eagles. wilbur j

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Once I get back from my annual "Big Trip of the Year" at the end of May (WV, NC, TN, KY), I'll be doing a lot more dirt/back road exploring on the Wee. Be watching for posts about rides. Just picked up a used DRZ400S for real dual-sport fun too.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Wny

Hello from NorthWest Pa. Fertigs to be exact. I live very near Allegheny National Forest, and Tionesta. Lots of great dirt roads, in fact we just got indoor plumbing and lights, lol but really got roads for the Strom. Wilbur-J
Wilbur
I'm in Olean, NY just north of Bradford on #16. Got a new WeeStrom that need to be ridden. I work third shift so my weekend starts at 7:00am Fridays. How 'd you feel about meeting for brekkie someday then going for a ride?

Jim

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Picked up my Wee at Bob Tracy's in Coraopolis in mid-August. I'm a long time rider but have never ridden in a group before. Always been kind of a loner. I'm not unfriendly, I just have no social life. Working second shift for years has left me with no social life at all. The wife and I will be riding to Columbus at the end of Sept. for the "Gathering of Mustangs".
http://www.gml2007.com/index.asp
It would be nice to have a litte local get together for some show and tell about mods and bling while the SO's stand off to the side and make fun of us.:-D
If you see me give a tap on the horn.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts