StromTrooper banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had to replace my stock Bridgestone Trailwings due to an unplanned encounter with a 4" long nail. Apparently, I picked it up in a corner (3/4" from the left sidewall) somewhere, and was fortunate to have the tire go flat after it was at home for an hour. I had been doing some research on possible replacements, since I was at almost 10,000 miles, so I wasn't totally unprepared. I was hoping for another 3-4,000 miles but it wasn't to be. I was narrowed down to the Metzeler Tourances, Michelin Anakee, and the Pirelli Scorpion S/T. I went with the Pirellis and I couldn't be happier. I have approx. 350 miles on them and I think they transform the bike's handling. It seems far more "flickable", and easier to manuver, especially at lower speeds. It makes it seem a little less top-heavy in handling. I notice that it corners easier and with more confidence, with less standing up under trail-braking or coming off the throttle. It seems more stable at speed: I've had the bike up to 110mph indicated (I know, I know....) with both tires and the Pirellis are more stable by far. The Trailwings would cause the bike to slowly oscillate, but the Pirellis did nothing. I hope they wear as good as the Trailwings were doing, but only time will tell. They really boost the confidence in the corners for me!

Please note: Even though the Pirellis are listed as 95% 0n-road and 5% off-road, I haven't yet tried them in the gravel or dirt. Most of my travels have been on-road, so the comments are more relevant to a rider like myself.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts