StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: Getting ready for new tires and the local independent I trust is recommending the Pirellis for my K7 Vee. I don't see that tire mentioned in the tire threads here. Any particular reason why - price? My riding is almost 100% pavement sport riding. I have the tourance on there now which I am happy with. Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Administrator
17,397 Posts
Great tires if they come in Strom sizes, I ran them on my C14 and loved them.

·
Registered
11,528 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback. Will probably go with the Pirellis; always willing try something new and it really is going to be all pavement at this point.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Cool -- I had no idea these were available in "adventure bike" sizes.

Check back in a few weeks and let us know how you like 'em!

Then wear 'em out and let us know how long that took.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,424 Posts
I would like some feedback on them also. They cost almost as much as the Michelin PR4's, and I assume that is one reason they are never posted about. The PR4's are not getting as good of reviews as they should be, imo, and the only reason I would pay a premium price for either is if they truly deliver 20-30% more mileage. I would like to try a set on the RT.

For the V Strom, if you like a pavement tire, it is hard to beat the Bridgestone T-30's or BT 023's. Under $220 to my door. Great in the wet, not twitchy in the turns like the PR3's, 7,500+ miles on the rears and fronts about twice that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts