StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing an electric autoshifter with a spark interupter to each coil. Does anyone know which wire, one of two going to each coil, is the ECM signal wire? Do you know the color code? This is on a DL650, 2008 with two coils, and 4 spark plugs.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Whish I could help Irv, but I don't know the answer to your question.

I can understand the desire for the Pingel easy shifter, quick push button shifts, but not certain I would want the auto shifter. I would forget to turn it off and power through a corner or something equally stupid.

I hope someone can get you the information.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
What color are the two wires? If one is black with a white stripe, it's ground and the other one is the one you want.

·
Banned
4,051 Posts
man, i looked at their videos filmed on the dyno. those shifts are extremely clunky....

my shifts aren't that hard when i shift clutchless....

that easy-shift seems pretty dangerous... dont use in wet or twisty... and make sure your engine's tight in the frame...

just my opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back to the Pingel Challenge

Mechanical installation is complete. Basic electrical connections are in the process, and are very straight forward. They will all be key-switched to keep buttons being pushed at the wrong time. However, after a careful look at the maintenance books, supplied by the local Suzuki dealer, and the online schematics, I have decided that the kill switch portion of the shifter is not what is needed in this application. The result is, the clutch will be used for most of the shifts. Not being a speed demon, this will work just fine.

Just a note: All the wires going to the coils test hot when grounded to the frame. Color code doesn't seem to matter. The schematic bears this out. Since the 2008 has four sparkplugs, and two coils with a wire going to each plug, this makes sense.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pingel

Pingel is finished. Pingel autoshifter works well. I did not install the engine kill module, and still use the clutch. However, since I have no left ankle, the handlebar button switch works well for me. I would be happy to answer any installation or operation questions. 'Course, everyone else probably has both ankles and their mechanical shifter works just fine for them.

Does anyone have a suggestion for the best saddle bags for the DL650?:})

·
Registered
800 Posts
Congratulations on getting the Pingel to work and being back on a bike without a left ankle.

On the panniers, I like top loaders and went the the aluminum ones from KLR650.com mounted on SW Motech quick release racks. Many people are using Pelican cases mounted to the same racks, or even 20MM ammo cans.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Pingel is finished. Pingel autoshifter works well. I did not install the engine kill module, and still use the clutch. However, since I have no left ankle, the handlebar button switch works well for me. I would be happy to answer any installation or operation questions. 'Course, everyone else probably has both ankles and their mechanical shifter works just fine for them.

Does anyone have a suggestion for the best saddle bags for the DL650?:})
Hey Irv

check this out, it might interest you

http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155408&highlight=shifter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts