StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago I used the old standby newspapers to catch fluid and oil spills happening when working on any of my vehicles. Several years ago I started using pet training catch pads or Piddle Pads. Highly absorbent on one side, the reverse side is an impermeable sheet of plastic. Keeps oil, etc from running off and making big messes on the garage floor. Cheap, and available in discount stores, etc. Hope this saves someone stained concrete and messy cleanup.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Years ago I used the old standby newspapers to catch fluid and oil spills happening when working on any of my vehicles. Several years ago I started using pet training catch pads or Piddle Pads. Highly absorbent on one side, the reverse side is an impermeable sheet of plastic. Keeps oil, etc from running off and making big messes on the garage floor. Cheap, and available in discount stores, etc. Hope this saves someone stained concrete and messy cleanup.
I’ve used these for a long time and they work great!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Great idea! I'm going to pick some up at the store today.

My last radiator flush resulted in coolant over half my garage floor.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great idea! I'm going to pick some up at the store today.

My last radiator flush resulted in coolant over half my garage floor.
I have cut one up to tape around the front brake fluid reservoir. Draped it over the surrounding area to catch slop over of fluid, and resulting corrosion of paint. A pack of the pads will last a long time too.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
OIl pigs also work a treat. 100 mats are about $30 on Amazon. But I'm too cheap to buy either. I usually use a piece of what seems to be a never ending supply of cardboard the mail man or UPS driver bring almost daily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts