StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2002 DL1000 for my brother and am prepping it for a big ride this summer with my brother. One of the first things I want to do is improve the seating. I have a fully decked out 650 with a Sargent seat on it and it's good for 7-8 hrs riding without me being crippled at the end of the day. The SC seat looks like a similar design, but one this I do not like about my Sargent seat is that it slopes forward, and so I end up slowly sliding towards the tank. The primary problem being that all my junk gets bound up in my knickers. So I'm curious if the SC seat has the same basic design in that regard. Not a deal killer for me, just curious. Cuz if not, he might get the Sargent seat and I take the SC seat.

·
Registered
421 Posts
NateHarris, I have a Russel Day Long on my Vee. It was tough getting a shot of the front part of the seat that fully shows the profile from the side. You can see that my RDL has a saddle that you sit down in, so there's no such problems like sliding forwards towards the tank. Just FYI.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NateHarris, I have a Russel Day Long on my Vee. It was tough getting a shot of the front part of the seat that fully shows the profile from the side. You can see that my RDL has a saddle that you sit down in, so there's no such problems like sliding forwards towards the tank. Just FYI.
I want one of these seats real bad! I've heard nothing but good about them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I have SC seat on my Wee2 and used to ride on Sargent on my Wee. Very similar seat. The SC seat might be harder which is good in my eyes for long trips. I think it's a bit wider by the tank and I don't expirience a fact that I've been sliding towards the tank. Very good value if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Just put one on my 2014 Wee. Had to get the cover and foam from them and staple it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts