StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey - I have a cool idea for a V-Strom shirt/sticker/whatever but I need a decent picture to use and turn into line art or whatever you call it. What I want is a picture of a Strom - either Vee or Wee, with rider on it powering through a turn. Kicking up some dirt is optional but a real powerful turn would be great. Bags optional but I'm not looking for an oversized AK or around the world set up. It should be obvious that it's a Strom. I'd prefer the right side be the main exposed side so that it could be either a Vee or Wee and as such have wider appeal to the crowd.

I have a concept in mind and a slogan I think the crowd will like. I'm not planning on making a bunch of cash on this so I'd like you to give me rights to the photo just for the project. If I can make the design work I'll get it up on Cafe Press or a similar site and you'll get shirt/mug or whatever on me and any profits will help power the forum.

So, I can't wade though the gazillion pics for days on end - post 'em if you got 'em (and come on lets see some showing off here too!) and I'll pick one in a week or so and get it done as fast as I can.

Also - if there are any photoshop experts that want to lend a hand speak up ...

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
If your not planning on making a bundle of cash, why do you want the rights to the picture?

Signed,
Cynical Me

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your not planning on making a bundle of cash, why do you want the rights to the picture?

Signed,
Cynical Me
If I use someone's picture at all unless it is released under a creative commons or other public license you need the rights to use it - even if you lose money. Profit has nothing to do with copyright.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I have two nice pics, right side, medium size bags.

Buttttt, the pic was hi jacked from killboy.com from last years dragoon tail or Hwy 129 ride...forgot which road we were on. And it is not hi res.

PM me if your interested.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have two nice pics, right side, medium size bags.

Buttttt, the pic was hi jacked from killboy.com from last years dragoon tail or Hwy 129 ride...forgot which road we were on. And it is not hi res.

PM me if your interested.
PM sent - hi res not necessarily needed - but you need to be the proper owner of the pic or be able to get me in touch with them

thanks

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
tpak...that is my problem. I was too cheap to buy the proof. The proofs are only held by Killboy for a short time then they are gone. I photoshopped a version for use as background for my computer and it has their trademark on it.

I will be out next week at a great place to get a picture for you I hope. With better riding gear on also as my other photo has me in blue jeans......DOAHH

I will be in touch with you

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tpak...that is my problem. I was too cheap to buy the proof. The proofs are only held by Killboy for a short time then they are gone. I photoshopped a version for use as background for my computer and it has their trademark on it.

I will be out next week at a great place to get a picture for you I hope. With better riding gear on also as my other photo has me in blue jeans......DOAHH

I will be in touch with you
sounds good

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
If I use someone's picture at all unless it is released under a creative commons or other public license you need the rights to use it - even if you lose money. Profit has nothing to do with copyright.
Aha, thanks for the explanation.

I don't follow the ins and outs of that sort of stuff and just thought it was an odd thing as part of your request.

Maybe I should look in to copyright for the many pics I have loaded in to Photobucket.

Good luck with finding what you need, would like to see the outcome when done.

Cheers,
Ock

1 - 8 of 8 Posts