StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I have been lurking here on this forum for many months now. I recently purchased (January 2012) a 2008 DL650ABS with 44,000kms (see the first photo below of the bike at purchase on the trailer heading for my garage). Now after several months of fun farkeling I am ready to show her off! Can you spot all the many modifications I have made to my baby? I really love this bike and have been very fortunate, especially here I Calgary Canada, to have been able to ride every month so far this year.

Might just be my biased opinion, but I think I have one of the BEST looking DL650's out there!! See a list of all my Farkles below.

Just bought and on my trailer heading home to my garage:

Setting sun pic:

Other side:

Close up:

Close up of front tire, etc:

Farkles (you could say I got a bit carried away...don't tell my wife!!):
Enduro (Yann D) Skidplate
Enduro (Yann D) Oil cooler guard
Enduro (Yann D) Radiator guard
SW Motech engine guards
SW Motech centerstand
Tapeworks reflective black rimtape
CypressGraphics XL front and M german-style reflective black graphics
Richland Ricks forkbrace
Richland Ricks mirror extenders
Richland Ricks GPS mount
RAM GPS shortie GPS arm
Garmin 350 GPS
Richland Ricks footpeg lowering kit
Richland Ricks large kickstand foot
Kickstarter Banshee Horn (not installed yet)
Eastern Beaver PC-8 (not installed yet)
Clear front and rear signal lenses
Soft luggage brace
OEM 50L topcase and mounting bracket
Fenda Extenda
Touratech front and rear ABS sensor protectors
Yellow painted callipers
Satin Matte black painted rear brake cylinder cover
Satin Matte black painted rear side faring panels
Satin Matte black painted rear exhaust protector
Heated grips
Givi windshield
3M headlight film
Touratech tamper proof oil filler cover
Protech Tank protector
Heidenau K60 Scout front Tire (have rear tire but not mounted)
Sheepskin seat cover
Givi soft side bags (not in photo)
Tourmaster 15L magnetic tank bag (not in photo)
Speed bleeder valves for front and rear brakes (not installed yet)

·
Registered
52 Posts
You've been a busy boy. Impressive list of farkles, to be sure. I like the yellow brake calipers. Not sure why, but I think they look sweet. Quit sticking stuff on it and RIDE IT now :thumbup:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Canadiandad! Very nicely done...I really like the new lettering you have added to the fairing......and I think smart to get the crash bars and quality skid plate from Yann..........

·
Registered
618 Posts
So did you pay more for the "farkles" than you did for the bike?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Looks nice!

Now that you have that one completed, it's time to sell and start over :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Looks tasteful. Check out some of the better mirror options out there than the stockers. I think the KTM Duke mirrors would look great on your bike. Are you going to switch out your exhaust or stock seat?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks tasteful. Check out some of the better mirror options out there than the stockers. I think the KTM Duke mirrors would look great on your bike. Are you going to switch out your exhaust or stock seat?
Hmmm....I will look into the mirrors, but I am not interested in changing out my exaust and I find my seat now extremely comfortable.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I really love that flat black color on the 2008 model you have there but then you went and ruined it for me when you added those ugly stickers to the tank and side panels ... JMHO and of course it is yours to do as you wish. Outside of that it looks great, very clean and I love the painted brake calibers ...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To each his own I guess. You are the first person I have met or heard from who hasn't liked the stickers. No problem. I love them. I like the way the are subtle and almost invisible until the light hits it just right.

I like the painted calipers too. Almost painted them blue but couldn't get a shade of blue I liked.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Some electronic farkles that you may want to consider also:

Shorai lithium/iron LFX14A1-BS12 battery
Shindengen FH012AA regulator/rectifier
Eastern Beaver H4 Dual Headlight relay kit

·
Registered
261 Posts
what's the advantage of a headlight relay?

Eastern Beaver’s headlight relays kit addresses a simple problem. Much of the power that your bike uses to power its headlights gets sucked up by the thin, high-resistance wires and the headlight/starter switch it travels through on the way to the bulb.

A relay kit changes that by rerouting headlight-bound electricity through new, thick, low-resistance wires and past the headlight/starter switch. When a relay kit has been installed, the headlight/starter switch operates relays instead of the headlight. Relays use a little bit of electricity to open or close a switch which can save those switches from premature failure. The starter button cuts power to the headlights when pressed and that means that the full power goes through it without the relay kit which means it could burn out eventually.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have this problem with a lot of posts, I don't see any photo's. Is there something wrong with my settings or do they expire or something?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts