StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took advantage of the free-falling Euro and ordered the Podia skid-plate from MotoAgora in Greece. Thanks to the exchange rate change in favor of the dollar it's dropped from well over $300 to about $270 shipped and dropping as the Euro continues it's death spiral. Not cheap to be sure, but for the first time comparable to other belly pans. I'm setting up my K9 650 for sport-touring so I have no need for a heavy off-road bash-plate. The Podia is light, solid enough for a road bike's needs (not for serious off-road use), and looks good on the bike. It's also the only skid-plate I've seen for the Wee that allows you to change the oil and filter without any removal or loosening. It fits various crash bars, in this case shown with my Givis. After looking at just about every skid and bash plate available, I felt like this was the best option for me. It also takes care of the Wee's big-bike-little-engine look and gives it a more substantial stance. Shipping to California took about 10 days.

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
Looks like it came from the Factory.... As it should have.... Very nice.....

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
According to their website:

E190 for skidplate
E34.2 for shipping

Calculates to $269.42 USD

Pardon the 2X posting (please)

·
Registered
56 Posts
It does look good. As you said, it doesn't look like it would be good for off-road riding. I think it's a great thing to have for those who never go off-road. rocks can fly up at any time and damage the exhaust, oil filter, or engine.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Very nice. Looks erfect for the guy like myself (I think we are very identical in riding preferece). Something great for on road, looks like its from the factory and gives enough protection for the occaional dirt road. Do they have to be used with the Givis or will they work with say SW motech gen 2 bars? I like the givi crash bars but I have heard too much about their buzzing at certain RPM's/

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello guys, I am writing from Greece, we wear this skid plate a lot here and we get it from 125e to 150e and not 190. Just a heads up for future bargains. Also if you wear low suzuki engine guards you neen to specify it in order to get the version that fits those.
cheers
John

·
Registered
13 Posts
hello guys, I am writing from Greece, we wear this skid plate a lot here and we get it from 125e to 150e and not 190. Just a heads up for future bargains. Also if you wear low suzuki engine guards you neen to specify it in order to get the version that fits those.
cheers
John

Hello John!!!!!!, i agree with you in everything!!!!

:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
329 Posts
cheers
John
Giasou patrida. Welcome to the forum. :thumbup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Nice find!

This looks great EyeSurgeon! That's a terrific find. And it would look great on my silver wee.

I'm not doing much off road, but I do ride occasionally on gravel and dirt roads and a jeep trail or two... This plate would probably provide enough protection for my needs.

Any advice on how to get the better deal? What web sites work for online purchase?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Forgive my loss of memory, I left Greece as a very young man, but "Gia Sou Patrida"

Is the modern translation along the lines of: "Hello Friend", or "Hello Compatriot" ?? Patrida used to be translated more to the lines of "Mother Land" or something like that.

I was from Kavala but left in late 1959

Giasou patrida. Welcome to the forum. :thumbup:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Forgive my loss of memory, I left Greece as a very young man, but "Gia Sou Patrida"

Is the modern translation along the lines of: "Hello Friend", or "Hello Compatriot" ?? Patrida used to be translated more to the lines of "Mother Land" or something like that.

I was from Kavala but left in late 1959
Hello compatriot. It's a greeting used by Greeks outside Greece to acknowledge fellow Greeks. Within Greece, the proper greeting is "giasou malaka". :green_lol:

Any need to guess where I was born? LOL! Left in "57.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hello compatriot. It's a greeting used by Greeks outside Greece to acknowledge fellow Greeks. Within Greece, the proper greeting is "giasou malaka". :green_lol:

Any need to guess where I was born? LOL! Left in "57.
What part of Greece??? My sister and I were adopted at the same time by our American Parents through IAS, a part the Catholic Relief Services. An incredible stroke of good fortune!!! Very, very few natural Brothers and Sisters are ever adopted by the same family.. So Georgia Maria and I came to the States together.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Oops Spartan!!

Just looked at your handle/moniker. So I am going to make the wild and totally unsubstantiated, and baseless assumption that your are from the Sparta region or there abouts.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Damn Doc, that looks awesome.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts