StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of how the locks are supposed to go into the Adventure bags? I received my 15 DL1K Adv without the bags and touring screen. When I approached the dealer over the items missing and the price they were listing, magically the bags showed up, but I didn't get the touring screen.

All said, the bags are now installed and I need to install the locks. Any one have pics of how the locks are supposed to orientated to the bags for it to lock?

·
Registered
175 Posts
The dealer should have installed the locks in the bags. It's in their scope of work. If they install the bags, they install the locks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer should have installed the locks in the bags. It's in their scope of work. If they install the bags, they install the locks.
They didn't install the bags, I installed them today after retrieving them from the dealer. If I could get a good picture of how the locks are installed from underneath, I could get these locks installed.

Side note...
The dealer I purchase the 15' DL1K tried to tell me the bike didn't come with bags and they had it listed at full Adventure retail $13999. I had to point out that the bike had all of the Adventure bits sans bags and touring screen. The brought their service tech out and he agreed with me on it being the Adventure model. It took them two days to source the bags from their other store. They could never produce the touring screen, so they offered me a discount on a center stand I was asking about. So, I picked up the bags today and installed them. Super easy! I just can figure out these damn little locks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the Adventure model comes with the centre stand...
Now you're just messing with me..... :frown2:

I didn't see it mentioned on the Suzuki site as standard on the ADV model.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will take pictures of my locks on my bags tomorrow and send you pictures. Hope it will help you. SORRY DEALER!
Thank you Gizmooo, I don't really want to go back to the dealer until the 600 mile break in and even then, I might look for another dealer. I am not sure I trust anyone there at this point.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gizmooo,
Thank you, it does help. My locks are the flat bladed type on the bottom whereas these are like a double headed axe.
The dealer said they would order some from Suzuki on Tuesday. Makes me wonder what else I should be looking at on the bike to see what they missed....

Oh wait, I see there are no washers and spacers on my hand guards to tighten them up, so they are loose. I will add that to my list.

At least my center stand came in today. That should keep me busy over the weekend.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Now you're just messing with me..... :frown2:

I didn't see it mentioned on the Suzuki site as standard on the ADV model.
My apologies. Apparently only in Canada we get a centre stand. There's no Adventure model offered here, just an SE model, which comes with hand guards, side cases and centre stand).

I hope you get the lock problem straightened out...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of how the locks are supposed to go into the Adventure bags? I received my 15 DL1K Adv without the bags and touring screen. When I approached the dealer over the items missing and the price they were listing, magically the bags showed up, but I didn't get the touring screen.

All said, the bags are now installed and I need to install the locks. Any one have pics of how the locks are supposed to orientated to the bags for it to lock?
90% of dealers suck now days. It's all about the money. I'm 59 yrs young and remember when dealers did things for the love of motorcycles and riding. I drove 180 miles one way to buy my bike. Locals sucked! Enjoy your bike.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quick Update
After working with my dealer since the week of Thanksgiving, I finally got word from them today, that Suzuki will be sending me a set of locks for my Adv bags. Suzuki and the dealership are calling it a warranty item. Suzuki is sending an entire lock set for the bike (Ignition, Gas Cap, Seat and Adv Bags). I am told the set should arrive next week and they will need my bike at the dealer for a few days to complete the work.

I am glad they are fixing their (the dealer) issue on my brand new bike, but I am very put out thinking about the same dealer working on my bike to replace the lock set, not to mention the first service at 600 miles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts