StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my Orange Wee2 today with Suzuki belly pan, Oxford heated grips(I know not a real man thing) and brush guards. Took the day off work and picked up the Wee2 at 9.30. Didn't get home till 3.00PM having put 200 enjoyable miles on the clock. I live in Suffolk and the roads are mainly country and a bit rough. But the Wee2 wasn't bothered by them at all.
Quite different from the BMW F800ST I p/x. Not quite as sporty, but a lot more relaxing and commanding on the road. Not alot slower on A/B roads as it easier to flow past traffic, because I can see over most cars rather than through them.
I am only 5''9' so am borderline on whether to lower the bike to try and get feet flat on the floor. I will stay with it as standard for a while, to see how I get on with it.
Overall what a fantastic bike, and at a good price.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well, we've been having some absolutely fantastic weather this week and today was absolutely boiling. Seems like you couldn't have picked a better day to pick it up!! :thumbup:

I'm 6"1' and I can't get both feet flat on the floor at the same time with the regular seat, which is a little annoying.

Added on over 2000miles on my new '12 strom in just under 2 months doing big trips down to the coast like Brighton and Cornwall. Only ever did roughly 2000miles a year on my sv650s. That should tell you how much I like riding this bike!

Enjoy your riding. Better book it in for its first service as it seems you'll be at 500 miles in no time lol :thumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dougie-whats your pants inseam in inches or mm whatever you go by? And, how's the bike height for you? I'm 5'8.5" and 28.5" inseam, so wanting to hear the fit?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm 5'8" and have a 29.5" inseam. With the standard seat, I am on my toes, and I need to do the side shuffle, one foot down at stops. With the OEM low seat (0.8" lower) I can get the balls of my feet down and can two-foot stops if I need to.

With either, the seat to peg is very comfortable. I have a short torso and arms, so the bars a tad far, but still okay. I rotated them down and back a little.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm 5'8" and have a 29.5" inseam. With the standard seat, I am on my toes, and I need to do the side shuffle, one foot down at stops. With the OEM low seat (0.8" lower) I can get the balls of my feet down and can two-foot stops if I need to.

With either, the seat to peg is very comfortable. I have a short torso and arms, so the bars a tad far, but still okay. I rotated them down and back a little.
I am also the same height with a 30" inseam and I could have made way without having it lowered, but if I am going to get a new bike, then I am going to tailor it to my height and size. I had it lowered with lowering links 3/4", plus I bought the lower seat from Suzuki, and now it is PERFECT. I also got the front forks raised, lowering the front by 20 mm, thanks to Graywolf's persistance :). I am not on my toes and it handles perfectly. I couldn't be happier! If you are 5'8", I would recommend geting it lowered.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm 5'6" with a 30" inseam and got the Kouba Links that lowered it 1 1/8" in the rear and raised the forks 22mm in the front. I liked the bike before, but love it now as I can get the balls of my feet down and a slight side shuffle gets me flat footed on one side. As light as this bike is, it's perfect for me. I don't have the lower seat as I got an extra one to send to Russel. The Russel may be a bit higher, but it will only be used on long trips (200 miles plus) and I'll deal with it for the comfort factor. I'll report on that seat height once I get it.

Walt

·
Registered
281 Posts
Your gonna love it. Great color by the way. The orange "pops" in the sun.
I could not agree more, this is a fantastic bike at a great price.

Let the farkling begin! Congrats! :hurray:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Today is the big day

After weeks of waiting and shipping delays, I get my new Wee today. It started with orange then black and then I saw the white in person. WOW I can't wait to take her out for a few hours. All my Harley buddies think I am nuts to have traded my Road King. NOT ME:thumbup:

·
Registered
418 Posts
I am also the same height with a 30" inseam and I could have made way without having it lowered, but if I am going to get a new bike, then I am going to tailor it to my height and size. I had it lowered with lowering links 3/4", plus I bought the lower seat from Suzuki, and now it is PERFECT. I also got the front forks raised, lowering the front by 20 mm, thanks to Graywolf's persistance :). I am not on my toes and it handles perfectly. I couldn't be happier! If you are 5'8", I would recommend geting it lowered.
Thanks for the real world experience. Sounds good - I'm going to try the KB links from murphskits. Worth a spin for only fifty bucks! I'm actually happy and confident with the height as is, but it would be nice to be able to back it up without jumping off the bike. No issues with the side and/or center stands?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks for the real world experience. Sounds good - I'm going to try the KB links from murphskits. Worth a spin for only fifty bucks! I'm actually happy and confident with the height as is, but it would be nice to be able to back it up without jumping off the bike. No issues with the side and/or center stands?
Yes, the side stand became an issue as a strong gust of wind would have blown the bike over. What I did to correct this was take it to my dealer and have the shop cut the kickstand, take about 3/4" off, and then reweld the foot back on. This worked incredibly well. Here is a picture of the stand after it was cut and rewelded:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts