StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm now a VStrom 650 guy! Quite a difference from my 2003 Vulcan 800 Classic. Just under 200 kms today.
First impressions: Love the balance, acceleration, handling, suspension and appearance. High wind gusts seem to catch me a bit more than on the cruiser but I'm quickly getting used to it. The seat seems a bit hard but maybe I've just got a boney butt! All in all I love it!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! Pretty different beast to your Vulcan for sure - bets are on that you won't look back though.

(I found gusts more noticeable at first too.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Second ride today. Added Givi engine bars, OEM front engine guard and Cortech 2.0 tailbag. Lovin it!

·
Moderating in moderation
621 Posts
Congratulations the 650 is a great bike.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Congrats on your 650!!! Just remember "Shiny Side Up" :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Yep! Congratulations!

Hope you enjoy it and that it serves you well.

:smile2:

·
Super Moderator
13,095 Posts
Welcome aboard! You have lots of great riding around you!

take a minute and stop in the Canadian Section in regional Forums. There are lots of Strommers around you! If you feel comfy doing a bit of a ride the Annual Road Toads Meet and greet in Bancroft is next Sunday, April 28th. There are riders coming from Perth, Kingston and Ottawa.

Details here:

https://www.stromtrooper.com/canadian-troopers/420981-**date-changed-sun-april-28**-bancroft-meet-greet-sunday-april-14-2019-a.html

Tomorrow or Monday I will put up a poll to check the numbers coming so the restaurant isn't overwhelmed.

Hope to see you!

PS: Good idea NOT to have your email as your sign-in name. Big B would happily change it for you.

..Tom

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I'm now a VStrom 650 guy! Quite a difference from my 2003 Vulcan 800 Classic. Just under 200 kms today.
First impressions: Love the balance, acceleration, handling, suspension and appearance. High wind gusts seem to catch me a bit more than on the cruiser but I'm quickly getting used to it. The seat seems a bit hard but maybe I've just got a boney butt! All in all I love it!
Nice lookin new bike! I"m just down the road in Kingston.

Seat concepts will cure the seat problem for you on the cheap, mx1 canada usually has them in stock.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts