StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all,

Well I picked up my new Wee today and rode it all day in the rain and had so much fun!!! I had to do a couple of things to the bike so that I could reach the ground and am still on my tippy toes. I installed the Kouba Links (so cool that the color of the links match the color of my bike and are nicely inscribed V-Strom). I got the adjustable side stand and the center stand for the lowered bike. I am still going to purchase the low seat as I could use 20mm lower - that would get me on the balls of my feet where I am comfortable. I am getting some wind buffeting with the stock windshield so I will look at other options. I also put in the power socket, GPS ram mount, lower OEM skid pan, and I ordered the accessory bar, chain guard and adventure aluminum panniers. So I am getting it all set up for touring. Nice that the made the ugly warning stickers easy to peel off this time without a hairdryer. They didn't leave any residue behind at all. I am also getting motolights. I did not get the top case because I prefer my Kriega US-30 bags (s) on the backseat and luggage rack. Will be ready to tour! :D

frosty

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome from someone who has had their Wee for 24 hours! Quick question, whats the lower engine guard made from, plastic or metal? Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks, they really complete the look of the bike, wish it wasn't so expensive.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is over $200 but I think it's worth it and does help to protect the oil filter. I decided it was worth spending the $$. I can hardly wait till tomorrow to get back on it and ride some more. If I could I would roll it into my living room and camp next to it tonight I would, lol. Once I get my adventure panniers I will be going motorcycle camping up in the Smoky Mountain National Park!

·
Registered
40 Posts
How much are you paying for the adventure panniers and their racks? I'm about to get an adventure and I want to get a GIVI set, I'd sell you these for less than what you're paying at the dealer. I live in North Georgia, PM me if interested.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They were almost $1200 but I am going to cancel the order. Talked with two guys on Wee's today in the mountains who had lowered their bikes with the Kauba links like I did, and they had bought the Adventure bags. They said when you make a sharp right turn not only do the bags scrape, but even without the bags on the mounts scrape. I looked at a set today and I like the bags but not the racks. They are a lot further away from the bike then they need to be. I don't care for the design of the racks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well if you decide to change your mind on them, let me know ASAP, I'd be happy to sell them to you for half that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome from another SE boy. Rode Fort Mtn, Blue Ridge, GA, Ocoee yesterday. Beatiful day, 1st day of no rain in weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts