StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my Harley in on a 2017/18 V-Strom 1000 and trucked it home today. I have ridden it less than 10 miles, since I got home late, but it is totally different bike than the 2012 V-Strom 1000 I had. More later as I get some miles on it.. Best to Everyone ...Richard

(I posted here previously when I had the 2012)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Let us know what u think! I'm particularly curious how you'll find it in the comfort department vs your old Harley, especially on longer rides.which Harley did u own?

Oh... and Congrats!

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Welcome back, Richard.

I agree that the new V2 is a different bike than the V1, better in so many ways.
My 2014 V2 is my favorite bike, to date.

Have fun on you new ride!

Bruce

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought a 14 V2 just over a year ago after riding a 98 shadow for over 3 years. I love this bike. It has just enough get up and go and is so nimble for the size of it. I honestly say it has been the best purchase I have ever had. Cheers to happy riding.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got about 2200 miles on my new 2018 DL1000. I also had a 2012 which I sold on Cycle Trader. I think there is a number of improvements on the new one. ABS, traction control, better electronics, better mileage, and it's just as comfortable, although I may install bar extenders to get things up and back an inch.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a 2002 with about 60,000 on it and right now the only fight I have is mpg's and not trading it in for a new one my own self. The mpg war is about to win though. I like the idea of all the new safety features too. I'm just trying to avoid it a little longer until I finish doing an LS swap on my 85 Jimmy, so I have it out of the garage and more room for activities, and free'd up cash.

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
Hola, Richard. Didja keep the 2012 Vee? Hope you can be happy with the Harley gone. Hours of chrome polishing gone now. Time to ride!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I like the new 1000 a lot more than the old one. If it had been out when I got my 011 Wee would have got it. First time I ever took the smaller motor bike over a large one when every thing else so much alike. To me the new 1000 felt more like a big Wee than the old 1000.:smile2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Now after about 4000 miles on the 2018 I'm trying to figure out how to switch out my luggage. It's very stylish and easy on/off, but too small for two of us on multi-day rides.
The more I ride the bike, the more I like it, and I liked my 2012 a lot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts