StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a day late in being able to pick it up, but I took delivery of my new Wee (or is it Glee?) this afternoon. I rode it around on the back roads and am amazed at how smooth this engine is and how much power it has compared to my old clunky KLR. I think I'll be adding some risers and probably the tall seat as well at some point. The transmission felt a little notchy at first, but seemed to begin smoothing out at around 50 miles. I'm seriously digging this bike. :mrgreen:

I'd add a picture, but it looks like the picture is too big for the forum.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I was a day late in being able to pick it up, but I took delivery of my new Wee (or is it Glee?) this afternoon. I rode it around on the back roads and am amazed at how smooth this engine is and how much power it has compared to my old clunky KLR. I think I'll be adding some risers and probably the tall seat as well at some point. The transmission felt a little notchy at first, but seemed to begin smoothing out at around 50 miles. I'm seriously digging this bike. :mrgreen:

I'd add a picture, but it looks like the picture is too big for the forum.
Friends don't let friends call it a Gl:censored:e (unless of course it's pink!). Anyway, congrats on the new bike!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I'm still waiting for my Glee. Call it what you want. Those who are insecure about their masculinity and think open delight or pleasure is unmanly can call it something else while sucking a cancer stick. :beatnik:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congratulations. My transmission feels smoother each time I take it out. I only have about 400 miles from the last week of commuting. The bike is comfortable enough and smooth enough. Too bad another bad storm has moved into my area.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I'm still waiting for my Glee. Call it what you want. Those who are insecure about their masculinity and think open delight or pleasure is unmanly can call it something else while sucking a cancer stick. :beatnik:
I must admit GW, I take "open delight" and indeed a measure of "malicious satisfaction" (see definition 2 below) in giving you crap about your beloved "Gl:censored:e!

All in jest my friend, all in jest. :biggrinjester:

Noun 1. glee - great merriment, gleefulness, hilarity, mirth, mirthfulness
gaiety, merriment - a gay feeling
2. glee - malicious satisfaction, gloat, gloating

(The Free Dictionary.com)

·
38,048 Posts

·
38,048 Posts
"Wee" bothered me for a long time. Then I realized size doesn't matter and the whole manliness thing became dumb.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
"Wee" bothered me for a long time. Then I realized size doesn't matter and the whole manliness thing became dumb.
The only place you have to differentiate is here. It's Vstrom everywhere else.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think the Brits and Aussies object more to calling it the Wee because that is a common term for urine there :). Americans recognize it as such but only in a childish context ("I have to go wee-wee"), there I think it fills a useful niche between the clinical "urine" and the vulgar "piss" (which word they also overload in different ways).

How about calling the AL2 the Wee2?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
418 Posts
My real problem with Glee:

Every time I throw a leg over my bike, an overly cheerful high school choir starts singing an obnoxious version of "Don't Stop Believing" in my head.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a chance to get out into the hill country with the new bike and have formed some more observations after 225 miles.. Keep in mind, I've only owned 4 other bikes, so I'm not one of those guys that has a vast repository of experience with different bikes.

First off is the windscreen. I adjusted it all the way up this morning before I went for a spin (it comes in the middle position). I'm 6'0" and wear a Shoei Hornet, but I noticed quite a bit of wind noise from the screen. Granted, it's been pretty windy today and yesterday, but I've been on my KLR (with a tall screen) and don't get wind noise. So I think when the aftermarket catches up, I'll look for a taller screen. On a side note, there were a few gusts of wind that grabbed the visor of my helmet and twisted my head. I figure this is just a combination of the aerodynamics and windy conditions.

Not that it counts for much, but I averaged 52.7 mpg on my first tank of gas. Time will tell once the engine breaks in.

I love the readouts on this bike. It seems like the only thing it doesn't give you is tire pressure readout.

I also like the pull of this motor. Seems like you can grab a handful anytime and the engine responds. On my KLR, you kind of had to plan your acceleration so that you weren't trying to accelerate uphill.

I had heated grips and a 12V power outlet installed on the bike. The grips work okay, nothing special. The left grip gets warmer than the right one. I haven't tested the power outlet yet.

This is a really good bike. It doesn't incite animal lust in me when I get on it, but it's a strong-pulling, well-handling bike. The brakes are light years ahead of the KLR. I see why you guys like the Wee so much.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I'd prefer to call it the Gee, rather than the Glee.

Glee makes me think of that crap TV show my wife watches.

Gee makes me think of hot beach babes in G-strings ;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'd prefer to call it the Gee, rather than the Glee.

Glee makes me think of that crap TV show my wife watches.

Gee makes me think of hot beach babes in G-strings ;)
I agree with you bud.

I like the sound of Gee better. Tbh, I think that Glee just sounds ridiculously gay and shite. Manliness has nothing to do with it. I'm sure there are even girls that would think Glee sounds pants.

·
Registered
342 Posts
My real problem with Glee:

Every time I throw a leg over my bike, an overly cheerful high school choir starts singing an obnoxious version of "Don't Stop Believing" in my head.
Er... Even if this board settles on a different nickname for the latest V-Strom 650, I'm not sure that necessarily resolves this "issue" of yours...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts