StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 3rd VSTROM 650 today and I have to admit it’s better than I remembered. That being said the infamous wind buffeting is still here as I remember. My last Strom was in 2014 and I’m wondering if things have changed on windscreen recommendations. I’ve read the wind buffeting thread but it wasn’t really helpful. I’m 5’11” and I always want to look over my windscreen, not through it. Is Madstad the way to go or the Givi Airflow? I don’t know of any new players in this realm so looking for suggestions from the most knowledgeable forum on the Vstrom planet.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I’m 5’11” and I always want to look over my windscreen, not through it. Is Madstad the way to go or the Givi Airflow? I don’t know of any new players in this realm so looking for suggestions from the most knowledgeable forum on the Vstrom planet.
I'm 5'10" and have the 20" madstad and it is fantastic.

Best regards,

·
Registered
324 Posts
For me one final improvement was the Aprillia Tuono mirrors and extenders. I went Airflow so can't comment on the Madstad. I also have the Augustus deflectors and altogether no longer think about buffeting. The OEM setup was unbearable. 2013 Glee.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got an '11 650, and just recently put the National Cycle Tall Touring V-Stream windscreen on. It's made a huge difference for me in wind sound and buffeting. I've used the adjustments so that I can see over it with normal posture. That said, it's the only thing I've tried, so I can't say if it's better or worse than any other option (well, I can say it's better than OEM).

I'm 5'10, but with 28" inseam, so a long torso sitting on top of the seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts