StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just couldn't wait till tomorrow, so I went today and picked up my new Strom. Only problem was in my excitement I forgot my Pink Slip to my SV(the trade-in)so I have to go back tomorrow or my credit card will be hit for $3,200.00(trade in value of the SV) Wow even keeping it below 5,000or 6,000 rpm this thing has bags of power, I like, I like a lot!
I noticed a lot of wind noise unless I sat up straight, then I seemed to be above the turbulance(?) and the ride was quiet. I'm 6-1. So I may not need to change the screen or add a lip, time will tell. But I've started looking for a pipe, any suggestions?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Congrats on the bike!

Now you need to sign-up on the site and be one of the gang! :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found changing the mirrors quieted it down a lot. I'm still using the stock screen.

·
Registered
167 Posts
pfletch77 said:
But I've started looking for a pipe, any suggestions?
I have heard both the Two Brothers Racing and the Remus. I really liked the sound of the Remus and the fact that they do not require repacking as the Two Brothers do.

steve

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mirrors

Jetboy - what mirrors did you purchase to replace the stock options?

Cheers.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's now Tuesday and the new Strom has 460 miles on it. I just can't leave it alone, I'm so glad I got it. I have ordered the Two Brothers cans, need to hear that V-twin, and I figure I will have done the first oil change by the time they get here. I also ordered the Cee Bailey shield after talking to an older rider with a Strom today, really cool guy riding a Bandit 1200 with a Strom, "wing" and a couple of Triumphs at home. It was a real pleasure talking to an experienced motorcycle enthusiast, I learnt so much in 30 minutes. Especially as I should have been working, but just can't concentrate with the new ride just sitting in the garage. It calls my name.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a picture is worth a thousand words... :wink:

What colour did you get?

Congrats on the new bike

-Jack

·
Registered
167 Posts
Anonymous said:
I also ordered the Cee Bailey shield after talking to an older rider with a Strom today, really cool guy riding a Bandit 1200 with a Strom, "wing" and a couple of Triumphs at home.
Was that guy on our mailing list? By the way... were are you located?

Steve

·
Registered
37 Posts
1) I got the super shiny Silver one

2) I'm in Riverside, Ca. (lots of good riding days) or as the older rider said to me today "It's always a good day for a ride"

V-Stroms ROCK!!!!

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
exhaust options, differnt' meerers

Hey, did you check out the Vstrom FAQ on the yahoo list before ordering those Dos Hermanos pipes? Just curious. I had purchased in the past way loud pipes for another bike and regretted it. I heard that the Remus weren't quite so loud as the two brothers.

By the way Jetboy, what did you replace your stock mirrors with?

Zed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nope, didn't check shit. Just spoke to the sales guy at Pipecity and he said they were slightly louder than the Scorpion I had on my SV650. I'm somewhat of an impulse buyer when it comes to "goodies". Quick buy it before you change your mind and think about the money! I just knew that I would get pipes sooner or later, sooner won out!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pfletch,
That wasn't you I saw yesterday afternoon (around 4:30pm) going east on the 105 was it? It was a new silver V-Strom with no plates.

Just wondered

I seem to be seeing more (V-Stroms) on the road during my commute to and from work lately 8)

-Jack

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The mirrors are EMGO and I can't find the receipt. The part number is posted on the FAQ board which appears to be down again http://vstrom.info/

If I find the receipt I will post the part numbers. I got them from Cycle Gear. Did not have them in stock but they got them in within 2 days.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mirror part #'s

EMGO mirror part #'s EMGO 20-25172 left and 20-25171 right

1 - 15 of 15 Posts