StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm torn as to what color Vee I want to search for, and I think I have it narrowed down to either Red or Black, and I'm hoping to get some better pics from different angles. I've not seen the black in person yet, but I have seen the red and looked it over pretty good. If anyone can help me out with some nice shots of the black 1000, that'd be fantastic. That's kinda the one I'm leaning towards right now, but I'd love a better look at it.

·
Administrator
17,525 Posts
Just get black and be done with it....you know that is the color you REALLY want!;)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely the way I'm leaning at this point. Can ya hook me up with some pics of yours?

Westerville, eh? I grew up in Columbus, went to Whetstone High School and OSU.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just missed out on a GREAT red one in the F/S section, and right now I've got no lines on any used reds. One used black though in Indiana, not TOO far from here.

·
Administrator
17,525 Posts
Definitely the way I'm leaning at this point. Can ya hook me up with some pics of yours?

Westerville, eh? I grew up in Columbus, went to Whetstone High School and OSU.

Mine is totally black, new ones are not. I have a few pics of it here on the site, but here is a link to pics of both my toyz.
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/bigb/

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you, the one I'm looking at in IN is totally black, '05.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
I just missed out on a GREAT red one in the F/S section, and right now I've got no lines on any used reds.
Lucky you! :mrgreen:

Seriously, besides some of them considered to be faster than others (:D), the color is something which is very individual, but unless you are a maniac bikewasher you should be aware of following:
Dark colors are are much more sensitive to dirt and scratches than the light ones.
In order:
Silver
Gray
Yellow
Red
Blue
Matt black (n/a int he US)
Black

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
05 Dl1000

State 8 Motorcycles had a new 05 in black a while ago. Don't know if they still do. It wasn't on the showroom floor. It was next door at the old BOOT SCOOT SALOON. They now own that and store bikes in it. Here is a link to there site. I didn't see it listed but they don't do a good job of updating there web site.
http://www.state8.com/index.cfm

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Administrator
17,525 Posts
Wow. Let me know if you want to sell that one :)

I think those pictures convinced me. I want black.

He does have a pretty nice bike....he can ride it pretty good too!!!;)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I just found a new red '06 for $7450 otd nearby, looks like that might be the way to go.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd really have to find a SMOKING deal used to contend with $7400 new.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I'd really have to find a SMOKING deal used to contend with $7400 new.
Stop beating yourself up man, and go pull the trigger on a bike. A red bike of course! It's only money. You're buying a Vee for goodness sakes. You don't want to start sounding like one of those frugal, practical Wee types!

M

·
0 Posts
Stop beating yourself up man, and go pull the trigger on a bike. A red bike of course! It's only money. You're buying a Vee for goodness sakes. You don't want to start sounding like one of those frugal, practical Wee types!

He's right. Don't go Wee-nie on us. You know you want the Red one....you want the red one....you want the red one....ad infinitum

Just kidding WTY

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
MZBuckeye, just go buy the red one and enjoy it. They do look good in that color, a very finished appearance IMO. Of course my opinion may not count for much, being a frugal Wee rider and all. lol.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts