StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got those and have few pics of the bike with them on.

In process of buying a leftover 15 and trying to decide if I want the touring package or if I'm going to do my own thing.
OEM bags look good but not so sure about the durability.

Way back in 03 -04 I think I tried a pair of Jesses on my 02Vee and the bags ware real good but the mounting system sucked and ended up returning the whole thing.

Any input on that would be great.

After 4 1st gen 1000's I swore no more but here I am biting once again lol..so yea been a Strom trooper on and off since day1 :smile2:

Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
Jesse makes the best bags, period..... IMO !!! I have had a couple of sets. I actually was there and worked with Al Jesse when he started his company in Strom Lake, Iowa in the 80's. He and his family are great people. Then he moved to Phoenix in the 90's. He has perfected aluminum panniers design and strength, and simplicity. You pay for them.... But get what you pay for. Good Luck

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Thanks,
Yea Jesses stuff is top notch for sure and I probably could have worded it a bit better with out giving a wrong impression.
At that time he was having some issues with the Vstrom mounts and I was impatient to wait for the upgrade. I know it all got sorted out a bit down the road.
Also I must point out they ware excellent people to deal with and wouldn't hesitate in a minute to do so again.

Main reason for the tread was to see the bike with the bags from few angles on the bike and see what it looks like. I really like the looks of the stock bags but not sure about the volume and durability..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, agree. Love the bike, hate the OEM plastic bags. Came with the bike so I'll use them for now. If you'r not doing big trips or camping they are probably fine, but don't suit me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jesse

I've had 3 sets of Jesse bags. Excellent and the company is great to deal with. And Al is a really nice guy!

·
Registered
238 Posts
It looks like Jesse is now concentrating on the BMW and KTM crowd. I have not found a set fitted for the 2014 V-Strom.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm still using the OEM plastic cases on my '14 1k. I thought they would break right away but there're still on after 60k miles. I've done 3 2 week camping trips - 2 to Baja and 1 to BC, CA, and innumerable 2,3, and 4 day camping trips. They are small but I just keep my normal 'bike stuff' in them... Compressor, patch kit, tools, first aid kit, protein bars, water, extra gloves, TP, a couple of light top layers, hat, lock, and the like. When camping all my camping gear, food, and clothes go into a Wolfman strapped on top (with a rotopak). They don't look like your normal boxy adventure bags but I'm cheap and they work. Oh yeah the bike has been on the ground a *lot* too because I suck in the dirt. They're still there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
I replaced my Givi E360 panniers this Spring with some Kappa K-Venture bags purchased from Italy. A member on here suggested them.

It took about 2 weeks to get them here and cost around $750 Canadian.

I looked at the Jessie stuff but the price threw me off. These Kappa bags are solid and well constructed and they work with my existing Monokey mounts. Givi sells the same bags made for their updated mounting brackets but call them Outback.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The bags for the BMW 1200 GS w/c fit the Strom perfect - they should have everything you need. I have them on my 2014 and I'll try to post a picture later today.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
They are fantastic cases

Ready to roll from home

Hyder/Stewart 3 days later....

they are wide....can catch you off guard

Just so well laid out...top loading, lid has its own storage clip and top of the cases have steel loops for strapping stuff on. Pricey but absolutely wonderful to tour with. Was so much easier that the factory cases I have now.

BTW on the 2010 650 there is a perfect spot to store a proper red plastic 5 L fuel container on the left side - easy to get on and off .. You can see it in the second photo and we certainly needed with the kid's short fuel range.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The rack was supplied by Jesse specifically for the '14 Strom. Give them a call, they are helpful. If I remember right the instructions weren't the best but it's easy to figure out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts