StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering adding a set of driving lights to my PWD engine guards and was wondering if the PIAA 510s and 520s or the Hella 500 lights can be clocked in thier housings. I plan on getting a wide spread beam and the mounting bolts would be at 90 and 180 degrees as they enter the PWD bars.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You might want to do more research on the maximum auxiliary load you can add to the Strom. From what I've researched, the limit is 100W , and two 55W auxiliary lights would exceed this if they're run continuously.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i was planning to get some driving lights too but i didnt want risk my alternator with overload.I am waiting for this guys to develop higher output stator: http://www.electrosport.com
They said ,they are developing one for DL650 .(They have high output alternator for DL1000)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: Watts

ddrowne8 said:
I was planning on using 35W lights for a total of 70. :)
Keep us informed on how it works out. It may be good to add a digital voltmeter so you can monitor the system voltage when you turn the lights on.

FWIW, don't bother with the Super LED driving lights. I bought a set of these from PIAA, and the light output is pretty weak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts