StromTrooper banner

821 - 840 of 858 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
When I came to Aus and heard "ranga" for the first time I thought it meant "Red And Not Getting Any".:grin2:

Coops.

·
Registered
185 Posts
He said it was a boring bike but it didn't miss a beat. Now ridden twice myself and love in every way. Boring is soooo me..
Hear something similar about a few different bikes, Honda seems to cop a bit of it.
But after careful listening and taking notes I've discovered that motorcycles with "Character", seem to vibrate to the point of discomfort after not very long or not very far, leak oil regularly and without cause from various different orifices, choose when and where they may like to start or just not start, again without apparent cause, often have electrical mysteries halfway between your intended destination and civilization or just one particular accessory that chooses not to work ? Generally one that uses a bulb or a coil of some description.
Sometimes blamed upon the God of electric smoke 'Lucas' but he can't be to blame for all of them surely ?

Enjoy your new to you bike Donna, she has character too, she will be reliable, able to carry you and your stuff without thought or complaint, start first time in the middle of nowhere when you really need to go right now, she will only use what she needs in maintenance and fuel, not waste a drop, and like any friend of value she will help you look great with your friends.
Enjoy your k's together, there will no doubt be many.

·
1,236 Posts
I name everything, this is Ranga, as you can see why if your an Aussie.. :wink2:
Welcome Donna
Good to see another female strom rider here in Oz :thumbup:
Were are you located?
The 650 is a great bike hope you have many happy travels and maybe see you on the road sometime. :wink2:

Cheers GotaV2

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Fraser Island, East Coast

Ben Lomond, Tasmania

Near Omeo, Victorian High Country

Strathbogie Ranges, Victoria,

Foto-Crawl north of Melbourne

World Heritage area, south of Queenstown, Tasmania
...and Stroms everywhere

Paradise Plains, Yarra Ranges, Victoria