StromTrooper banner

801 - 820 of 858 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
new stromtrooper

Hi all, here's my new-to-me Wee-Strom. 2009 DL650A.

From the UK and last bike was an SV650S, but now commuting from outside Melbourne to the CBD on a daily basis so the Strom seemed like the best of both worlds as a commuter and tourer for the GOR.

Look forward to sharing more pics as I pile on the miles!

Attachments

·
Registered
456 Posts
Great riding up in forests and lotsa different trails and all within 15 mins from me. Give me a yell when ur heading over this way again and can catch up for Coffee or something harder??

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
You'd think something that good looking would have a/c :laugh2:

·
1,236 Posts
Looks nice Drew congrats and don't be a stranger :wink2:

Cheers GotaV2 and V2man

·
Registered
15 Posts
A few pictures of a recent ride I went on from Canberra to Bright via Wee Jasper, Blowering dam and Corryong. I had the only cast rims amongst a collection on 30-odd ADV bikes but they didn't let me down. My new TKC-70's held up very well and on the road performed far better than the chunky tyres on my counterparts :).

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Finally!!!! The bike I wanted, not the bike my partner thought I should have. lol

Over 30 years of procrastinating and Dec 2015 at 51 I finally took the plunge to get my bike license. From the moment I got my license I knew I wanted a Vstrom. I live on a farm with over 3k of dirt road before I hit any form of bitumen, so a anything other then a straight out trail was out of the question. After riding a DRZ 250 and a DRZ650, I needed something that would keep up with my partners, Bemmer out on the highways. Originally he bought what he thought I should have a Triumph Tiger 1050. PHHHHTTT. Very comfy and waaaay to tricky on the throttle for me, so reluctantly he decided he would have it and I now have MY 2012 DL650A Vstrom. It took months of looking round for a good 2nd hand bike low k's and a trip to Townsville to get it. $5500 11,000k on the clock before being ridden back to home here another 1100k. He said it was a boring bike but it didn't miss a beat. Now ridden twice myself and love in every way. Boring is soooo me..

801 - 820 of 858 Posts