FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
13,055 Posts
I can see!
I can see!

Awesome.. now my old photos are alive again! (At least when *I* look at them.)

While my account will stay open with them (until they try to extort money from me to keep it open) I own't be using Photobucket in the future for new photos.

..Tom

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
I just did a mass download maybe a month ago to my phone to get away from it. 1355 photos.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thank you, Sir!

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
They have been out for a while and I am surprised they still work.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,144 Posts
Photobucket has now come out with a new much lower priced plan for 3rd party hosting. Probably too late to save them, as it is still more than I will pay.....

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
This is the only answer for Photobucket's ongoing shenanigans. The folks that run it are idiots. I had a multitude of problems with them for years before they pulled the last pay stunt. They just do things without thinking and then try to recover from them over the following year. How about those pop-ups. They are always coding to get around the pop-up blockers. The latest revised plans are still outrageous IMO.

If you leave your photos there they can use them to advertise, etc.. I did a mass download of everything to my phone (maybe 1500 pictures and videos) about a month ago backed them up to my home storage system, and than deleted the Photobucket account. It will disappear in 48 hours. Who knows if they archive it somewhere but no one can get to those photos any longer.

I switched to Imgur.com but only the image sharing side. They are much faster and simpler for now. Photobucket was good 7-8 years ago but they trashed it up. There are many free image hosting sites.

To delete a Free account:

Place your mouse on the Profile icon next to Plans (top right), and choose Settings. Your settings will display. Click Here if already logged in!

Click the Account tab and scroll to the bottom of the page.

Click Delete this account.

Enter a reason, click the box to prove that you are a human and click the Delete My Account button.

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
I used the Android Photobucket app on my phone to do a mass download to my phone because there were 1377 pictures on Photobucket. It created an Android album in Gallery called Photobucket_Pictures. Then my phone ( a Samsung galaxy S8 at the time) backed them up to a cloud automagically as well. I have Spectrum with 100 mbps down and 11 up so it didn't take very long at home.

Can I retrieve the pictures I loaded to photobucket before I delete m account?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts