StromTrooper banner
441 - 460 of 461 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki DL 1000 K7
4 Posts
A few little added extras. Pipewerx exhausts (delightful sound and genuinely makes the bike run better at lower speeds), Heed bars, it has a dash plate with Gear indicator and waterproof USB ports, fork braces (I recommend these they make the front end more stable). Also a handle bar brace which removes the vibration you get from the bars of these bikes. I also had the rear pannier rack powder coated black instead of the old grey. Michelin PR 5 Trail Tyres, the best I have found for this bike so far.
Water Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
It looks like there's something odd about those wheels. They don't quite match. What's up with that?

[jk. too soon?]
Ha,ha, you're mean :) ... Oliver is having nightmares about those rims already

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Not quite sleepless nights but close 😀
Don't blame you, I am the same... due to my "great observational skills" always finding reasons to worry about... and lately "this (not perfect) World" is full of reasons :rolleyes: ...even the biggest optimists are having some doubts ;)

... not sure if I mentioned already, but I wonder if the coat of "clearcoat paint" on the lighter rim, would "brighten up the gold" to bring it closer to the other rim ? Kind of like when they "clearcoat" oil paintings, wood, etc to make colors pop. Might be worth a try.

Reactions: Oliver1979

·
Registered
07DL1K
232 Posts
Since last pictures were taken, a small tank bag and Puig hi viz rim strips were added as well as a trimmed front fender and modified/new front turn signals. Eventually I'll probably trim the fendedr another 2". I commute early morning sometimes so the rim strips are mostly for increased illumination.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
2006 DL1000
927 Posts
Since last pictures were taken, a small tank bag and Puig hi viz rim strips were added as well as a trimmed front fender and modified/new front turn signals. Eventually I'll probably trim the fendedr another 2". I commute early morning sometimes so the rim strips are mostly for increased illumination.
I’m curious why you trimmed your fender that way, can you enlighten me?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Don't blame you, I am the same... due to my "great observational skills" always finding reasons to worry about... and lately "this (not perfect) World" is full of reasons :rolleyes: ...even the biggest optimists are having some doubts ;)

... not sure if I mentioned already, but I wonder if the coat of "clearcoat paint" on the lighter rim, would "brighten up the gold" to bring it closer to the other rim ? Kind of like when they "clearcoat" oil paintings, wood, etc to make colors pop. Might be worth a try.
Suzuki doesn't or can't help me here, I may just have new black rims imported to sort it out. I'll try the clear coat method to make it look as shiny but it will still be too yellow vs front rim. Rear is a matt yellow gold whereas front is glossy more orange looking gold if that makes sense.

441 - 460 of 461 Posts