StromTrooper banner
421 - 440 of 461 Posts

·
Registered
2007 V-Strom 650
19 Posts
Sorry to double post. I had my first ride today that made me feel like an adventure rider. My dad and I took our V-Stroms up into the mountains and went down every dirt road we came across just to see where they went. Here are a few pics from one of our stopping points:

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for posting! Great looking bike - love the color. I LOVE my 2017 650XT, but still trying to get used to the "Champion Yellow #2" color. Not bad, but not my fave. Got it new but "old stock" so it was at a great price, so I decided too love it. (See my pix under "StromGeezer" (I'm 73.) So great you can ride with your dad!!! What part of the US do you live it - I see cactus & canyons. I'm in SW Colorado - under 30 inches of snow!!! We ride 6 - 7 months, 8 on a good year.
Hoping to ride to Alaska this summer, but also the TAT from OK to N.C. (on a Husaber FE390). Thanks again - great bikes!! - StromGeezer

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
No, that's not in my garage!

My new-to-me '21 650 that's still at the dealer waiting on a centre stand and heated grips. Riding season is still maybe 2-months away...

Wondering how it'll be compared to my '07 650 in 2008-9. I'm thinking it'll be pretty darn good.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
242 Posts
No, that's not in my garage!

My new-to-me '21 650 that's still at the dealer waiting on a centre stand and heated grips. Riding season is still maybe 2-months away...

Wondering how it'll be compared to my '07 650 in 2008-9. I'm thinking it'll be pretty darn good.

View attachment 297991
@Rod.O

Nice looking ride and set up proper! I sold my 2009 650 V-Strom one year ago and regretted it since the day it went away. I have other bikes but in 45 years of riding the V-Strom fits my style and spirit of riding the best.

I found a 2018 two weeks ago with 1450 miles and zero farkles. I snatched it up and am having a blast. Compared to the 2009? I really like the creature comfort upgrades; ABS, traction control, OEM 12V, and is a little more narrow feeling.

Here's to many great years of fun on your new Strom!

·
Registered
40 Posts
@Rod.O

Nice looking ride and set up proper! I sold my 2009 650 V-Strom one year ago and regretted it since the day it went away. I have other bikes but in 45 years of riding the V-Strom fits my style and spirit of riding the best.

I found a 2018 two weeks ago with 1450 miles and zero farkles. I snatched it up and am having a blast. Compared to the 2009? I really like the creature comfort upgrades; ABS, traction control, OEM 12V, and is a little more narrow feeling.

Here's to many great years of fun on your new Strom!
What a great testimony to the Strom - after 45 years of riding you bought another one! I rode was a teen, then only a few times until my early 60s. Only owned a few bikes, but ridden many more. My 2017 650XT is by far the best ride I've been on for my purposes (20% gravel county roads, 80% pavement (I have a Husaberg FE390 for real off road work). Long live the Strom! Love the black (mine is the bright yellow - it's growing on me.
- StromGeezer (I'm 73, but still ride - we rode the TAT - Nevada to Port Orford, OR, last May)

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
What a great testimony to the Strom - after 45 years of riding you bought another one! I rode was a teen, then only a few times until my early 60s. Only owned a few bikes, but ridden many more. My 2017 650XT is by far the best ride I've been on for my purposes (20% gravel county roads, 80% pavement (I have a Husaberg FE390 for real off road work). Long live the Strom! Love the black (mine is the bright yellow - it's growing on me.
- StromGeezer (I'm 73, but still ride - we rode the TAT - Nevada to Port Orford, OR, last May)
Great vote of confidence for the Strom! With 9-10 bikes of different make and vintage since my '07, I'm really looking forward to my new one. I'm 70 so, not saying it'll be my last bike, but the odds are pretty good... :cool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Great vote of confidence for the Strom! With 9-10 bikes of different make and vintage since my '07, I'm really looking forward to my new one. I'm 70 so, not saying it'll be my last bike, but the odds are pretty good... :cool:
That candy apple red color is absolutely the most beautiful Vstrom I've seen. Great score on such a low use bike!

421 - 440 of 461 Posts