StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Nah those look to be 705 Shinkos, and they are more than up for the task.
The Shinko 705s were up to the task. The rider wasn't.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Didn't see the big root at the top of the hill. Tried 3 times, stalled each time. 3rd time lost my footing, felt my hamstring go "boing", bike on ground. Couldn't pick it up with my bum leg. Had to call in reinforcements...oh the shame... But, dammit, I tried!

·
Registered
52 Posts
^^^^^^^ You most certainly want to get better off road tires, crash bars, bash plate....if ya wanna keep exploring off pavement. ;) ^^^^^^^

I agree, I do want crash bars.I also have a decked out 15 klr for the off-road stuff, bought my strom for longer trips..

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
14,138 Posts
How have I fallen in the soft stuff with Shinko 705's, Let me count the ways.
There are days I hate me!
Believe me, it's not the tires.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I didn't frame this shot very well (glare on the phone screen). This bike's coming along. When you buy an old bike with even a few miles, you're bound to run into problems. I've fixed a major fuel leak, changed the chain and sprockets, and learned a few things the hard way. The better into shape I get it, the further I venture out. At what mileage do the fuel filter start to clog, the TBS go bad, the stator magnets shake loose, and the chudder begin?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I didn't frame this shot very well (glare on the phone screen). This bike's coming along. When you buy an old bike with even a few miles, you're bound to run into problems. I've fixed a major fuel leak, changed the chain and sprockets, and learned a few things the hard way. The better into shape I get it, the further I venture out. At what mileage do the fuel filter start to clog, the TBS go bad, the stator magnets shake loose, and the chudder begin?
It all begins when it does.....until then you just ride the hell out of it "knowing" you have one of the most reliable bike models money can buy.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hi cappystromsocal, I really can't say what make of windscreen it is because it came with the bike and I haven't noticed any markings on it. To be honest, I would prefer a clear screen with a tinted helmet visor or sunglasses. But I agree, the tinted screen looks good on a black bike.

21 - 40 of 228 Posts