StromTrooper banner

301 - 320 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
New Wee owner here. 2020 650XT. I couldn't find the adventure model I wanted so ordered the panniers and a center stand. She's still in the shop but I'm picking her up today. The paint scheme will have to grow on me as I'm not a big fan of the gold.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just bought a brand new 2017 on 8/3/2020. (Yep, really new from a dealer in S. Dakota). Love the bike. The yellow will have to grow on me, but it certainly is visible! (Photo is my actual bike, but is from the dealer's website.)
- StromGeezer, in SW Colorado.
1597375420366.png

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Decided to take a 30day trip across the west half of Canada to visit a good friend in northern British Columbia and my sis in Vancouver.

Resting on the beach (slightly stuck) along the north shore of Lake Superior:

Somewhere in the middle of Manitoba starting to believe the Earth may be flat after all:

Somewhere in the middle of the Saskatchewan along the TransCanada Highway - not much traffic:

Somewhere in Alberta between Banff & Jasper:

Athabasca Glacier within the Columbia Icefields of Alberta:

Turquoise lakes abound between Banff and Jasper in Alberta:

Rainbows and Unicorns in Fort St James, BC:

Forests giving way to arid landscapes as I get closer to Lillooet, BC:

Heading south from Lillooet towards Mount Currie and seeing sun-tipped and snow-capped mountains:

·
Registered
29 Posts
BTW, Upgrades so far are: Givi skid plate (from dealer - thin, crumby thing thing that is NOT viable long term protection); Givi pannier racks, excellent quality; Givi 40 liter per side panniers; T-Rex Racinrg crash bars (love these, only ones I found that connect both sides in two locations - very strong); SVRP foot peg lowering blocks - one inch; MC-Motoparts off road wide foot pegs on 40mm lowering block ) for a total lowering of 2.5 inch peg lowering - I'm 6'3" with a 34 inch inseam - necessitated a home fabricated rear brake linkage for brake lever positioning; 2 inch pivoting Rox Risers for handlebars to be installed as soon as I figure out cable routing for them to work; Phone holder; GPS holder. Planned: LED auxiliary lights to be mounted on the sides of the T-Rex crash bars or home-built light bar that would attach to front of crash bars. Love this bike even more, now that it fits me better!!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Finally got my panniers mounted - fat rascals but I sure like having the luggage volume.
What a great all around bike - 2017 DL650XT. (Photo at Lemon Reservoir) -Ray near Durango, CO
View attachment 277753
I'm tellin' ya yellow with gold rims, the best looking Strom color scheme, yup your cases are bubbly 😜 but you can fit lots of stuff, just like me, good for grocery shopping.
I am sure you noticed how all the flies and bugs land on yellow bikes when parked, it would be nice if we can collect them and cooked them 😋 I used to have Yellow Wing, and I said I don't want another yellow bike... but they look so nice...oh well 🦟🐜🕷🐝
IMG_20200903_150840.jpg

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
A good ride yesterday on OH 775 in Gallia Co, OH. Passed some Amish Buggies, so that was cool. Also had about 10 miles or so of dirt road on Lawrence Co, OH 5. Wasn’t planned, the road just turned into dirt for a while. Definitely changing the gearing when it’s time for new Sprockets and Chains. 25mph sucks on a stock Vee.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Definitely changing the gearing when it’s time for new Sprockets and Chains. 25mph sucks on a stock Vee.
Branch, can you elaborate a bit:
1) what seems to be an issue with the OE sprocket and chain,
2) and to what sprocket and chain will you be upgrading?
3) also why 25mph ?
after only a month of my 650 ownership I am not experiencing any noticeable issues in the above

301 - 320 of 358 Posts