StromTrooper banner

261 - 280 of 337 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Are those your donuts? Impressive!
No, the only donuts I have are around my midsection and my back tire only slides when I don't expect it to:)

The picture was taken at the top of Forest Rd 711, off Wayah Rd in the Smokey's. I think the spot is here: Sawmill Gap Parking

On that trip however, I did manage to completely burn through a Michelin Pilot Road 4 in just over 4000 miles, so I had no rubber to spare. Normally I get around 12k miles off a rear. Good times!

·
Registered
894 Posts
No, the only donuts I have are around my midsection and my back tire only slides when I don't expect it to:)

The picture was taken at the top of Forest Rd 711, off Wayah Rd in the Smokey's. I think the spot is here: Sawmill Gap Parking

On that trip however, I did manage to completely burn through a Michelin Pilot Road 4 in just over 4000 miles, so I had no rubber to spare. Normally I get around 12k miles off a rear. Good times!
tabarnac, based on the tire that looks like it's a fun road!!

·
Registered
93 Posts

Thanks to the Chinese Bat Virus, I've got too much time on my hands at home. I got a screaming deal on this bike five or so years ago b/c the PO used it as a big dirt bike, hence a lot of scratches. Not a big deal for me since it's my daily commuter. Now thanks to the aforementioned CBV, I'm not commuting so while doing a little PM, took a couple cans of plastidip to the plastic to make the ol' girl look a little more presentable. I had the rim stripes from a leftover VW GTI/Jetta lookalike project. Rising suns came off Ebay.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nice! I notice the butt buffer. Is the new seat uncomfortable for long rides?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks like the intake structure at Compensation Reservoir in New Hartford, CT. A beautiful area to ride and photo a great looking bike!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I own a full size truck.
People I know were moving house today. I was happy to help but wanted to be able to go when I was done not when they were done with my truck. But I also needed to pick up some fertilizer from the store that I would drive by on the way to their house.
I only need one bag so.
20200530_134009.jpg

Also found the isolated T storm the weather man was talking about on my way home. :giggle:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I test rode one of those strange contraptions. Actually, after riding it, I didn't even notice the difference between two wheels and three. I really don't see the point but "different strokes for different folks"! Nice looking Strom!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up this 02 DL1000 and since I'm waiting for a new stator in the mail I decided to go through it thoroughly i.e. valve tappet clearance, throttle body sync. Looking forward to some v strom fun this summer.

261 - 280 of 337 Posts