StromTrooper banner

221 - 236 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
I love these comparison shots!
It's cool to be able to see small riding changes, even minute differences. I always hated the idea of these types of photos, I always thought of them like those souvenir shots from a roller coaster. I now see the advantage of having photos in a consistent location and shutter firing. Even though these are slightly different, you can really analyze your cornering form and changes between the years.

·
Registered
10 Posts
IMG_20200101_095542.jpg Before...
IMG_20200105_172906.jpg After...I prefer some polish on my wheels as opposed to the all black look. Some serious stripper, light sanding, buffing, rubbing compound and finally wax.For me this improves things. By the way, it's a 2014 with 4500 miles. Very happy with it. Drove up to Princeton, WV from north Ga. to get it from a fellow inmate. Great bike.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Meefzah,

I hit many of these same places in 2012 on a DR650. That bike was perfect for passes like Imogene and Engineer. Did you have any issues with ground clearance on your V-Strom or with the weight? I see you are on a 1000 now. Would you hesitate to take the bigger bike over the same passes?

Great pics. I am inspired to do a fly and ride to Colorado this spring . . . maybe . . . !

NC

Going back in time...

2013 DL650, Headwaters Byway, Colorado

2013 DL650, Imogene Pass, Colorado

2007 and 2013 DL650s, SR 26, Ohio

2013 DL650, Thomas, WV

2007 DL650, Engineer Pass, Colorado

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Meefzah,

I hit many of these same places in 2012 on a DR650. That bike was perfect for passes like Imogene and Engineer. Did you have any issues with ground clearance on your V-Strom or with the weight? I see you are on a 1000 now. Would you hesitate to take the bigger bike over the same passes?

Great pics. I am inspired to do a fly and ride to Colorado this spring . . . maybe . . . !

NC
Would I hesitate to take the 1000 over?

I would not!!!!!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Meefzah,

NC
Note the lack of answer to the other question hahaha.
Personally I would also not hesitate to take the 1000 over those passes, but I would say that yes, ground clearance and weight would be "issues." It's fun, but it's a hell of a workout, Vstrom adventure riders are gluttons for punishment haha!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Note the lack of answer to the other question hahaha.
Personally I would also not hesitate to take the 1000 over those passes, but I would say that yes, ground clearance and weight would be "issues." It's fun, but it's a hell of a workout, Vstrom adventure riders are gluttons for punishment haha!
Oh sorry I missed the bold part, thanks for pointing that out, Vanislejay. No issues, really. I actually don't even run a skid plate and I've pulled off the cheezdickish factory cowling. I hit my exhaust and centerstand a bunch of times on rocks but nothing more than paint scratches on the centerstand and minor denting to the exhaust was the result. The weight isn't an issue until you stop moving, so I try not to stop. It works out okay mostly.

·
Registered
346 Posts
That's actually the moon setting a few days ago. Had to enhance the image to see the bike. Wasn't nearly this bright.
IMG_20200208_060843~2.jpg

Original is still quite bright due to terrific night pic capabilities of phone.

221 - 236 of 236 Posts