StromTrooper banner

201 - 220 of 236 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Hi Quick Question? I see on your bike you have a tool tube attached however you don't have side case racks like most people do. I have a 2017 650 and I'm using Shad 3p Mounting System which is quite different from the typical GIVI mounting system. However the way you have your tool tube attached to your bike may work for me. The only difference is I would mount it on the inside instead of the outside.

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Just saw this. What do you mean inside? (so you can put side panniers on it?)

They are a lot of tool tube threads and we may need a sticky and just one or one per model bike. :grin2:

Here are a few recent ones. Maybe join one of them so we can discuss further.

https://www.stromtrooper.com/general-v-strom-discussion/426453-home-made-tool-tube-where-mount.html

https://www.stromtrooper.com/general-v-strom-discussion/426055-tool-tube.html

Hi Quick Question? I see on your bike you have a tool tube attached however you don't have side case racks like most people do. I have a 2017 650 and I'm using Shad 3p Mounting System which is quite different from the typical GIVI mounting system. However the way you have your tool tube attached to your bike may work for me. The only difference is I would mount it on the inside instead of the outside.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Photo thread, show US your Strom! "Revived thread"

‘16 650XA Trail Mode. Here’s set up at the Fundy Adventure Rally this Aug, after the 250km scavenger run on deep gravel, post-rain muddy forest and back country roads (didn’t enter either 3 main endurance routes because most parts require more dedicated dirt/enduro bike - and I’m noob to off-road after 21 yrs ST. ABS and kick stand sensors protected, skid plate and diy radiator guard, short windscreen (cut useless stock screen down and painted backside). Tires: Avon TrekRider I put on just before rally. 6k on them so far. Bit of high speed whine on asphalt, but overall fantastic tires.
https://www.fundyadventurerally.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts

‘16 650XA tour mode.
Somewhere on Alder Brook Rd nearing Loon Lake, NY. Choose ‘avoid highways’ on Google Maps and you can enjoy middle-of-friggin’-nowhere gravel roads with bull moose calls in the back ground. Tall wind screen on, hard cans and 70L dry bag. DIY ABS tube holds 2x1 L bottles of water. Camping, cooking, tools and provisions for 10 day, 3000km ride to Ottawa, ON and back to Fredericton, NB via ME, NH, VT, NY, QC and ON.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Mont Mégantic, QC on the way home to NB from Ottawa, ON. Sept 30.
(can recommend Maison Grégoire B&B in the nearby (14kms) village of La Patrie or tent options nearby. Note: if camping, arrive before dusk because the east side of the mountain makes it a pitch black setup arriving after sundown ).

201 - 220 of 236 Posts