StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nexus 5, and I'm looking to get a phone mount for my 650A for navigation. It would need to be waterproof, as I ride rain or shine.

I've looked around, but haven't seen specific cases at reasonable prices, for my particular model of phone.

Any input is appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I have an RAM Mount box for my Nexus 4. It was a tight fit on the sides so I had to trim a bit of the rubber seal off the inside for the power button to slip into so it would not turn off when inserting, but it is nice because it remains waterproof from the outside seal, connects via a ball mount, and you can wire bike power into it, so your phone is always charged.

Similar to this one;

Amazon.com: Ram Mount RAM-HOL-AQ6U Medium-Wide Aqua Box: Cell Phones & Accessories

Best to measure your phone to be sure you get the right size.

Here is how it looks on my bike, ready for all day riding in any weather.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have the RAM X mount for my Nexxus 6. Use a Ziploc bag for rain. I've looked for waterproof cases, but can only find cheap Chinese junk. I'll make sure my next phone is waterproof.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Define a reasonable price? I have the RAM mount for my LG and I love it, should I be out in the rain I simply throw a baggie over it. Problem solved very cheaply. ;)

RAM High Strength Composite Spring Loaded Cradle for Cell Phones - RAM-HOL-PD3 | RAM Mounts
I second this mount. I have one for the bike and 2 for the car. I also ride rain or shine, and if it rains, I either leave it if it's not heavy because my windscreen shields it from light rain, or I just take it off and put it in my waterproof pants pocket, and get my directions through the verbal commands.

It is easy to mount and unmount with 1 hand, while riding using that ram mount, and it seems very secure.

The new aqua boxes look pretty interesting though. I like the replaceable vinyl cover. That makes a low cost fix for when that crap inevitably wears out. I might be interested in that now...

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have an RAM Mount box for my Nexus 4. It was a tight fit on the sides so I had to trim a bit of the rubber seal off the inside for the power button to slip into so it would not turn off when inserting, but it is nice because it remains waterproof from the outside seal, connects via a ball mount, and you can wire bike power into it, so your phone is always charged.

Similar to this one;

Amazon.com: Ram Mount RAM-HOL-AQ6U Medium-Wide Aqua Box: Cell Phones & Accessories

Best to measure your phone to be sure you get the right size.

Here is how it looks on my bike, ready for all day riding in any weather.

Looks like a rolling electronics store...lol...nice

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Really like my RamX mount, Lg model for my droid turbo 2..either use zip lock or shirt pocket under rain gear....Sena smh10 Bluetooth headset..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts