StromTrooper banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
New to Mesa

Hey Guys,

Just picked up my 2011 Wee yesterday. I rode a KLR for a couple years and finally got back on two wheels.

I am looking for some riding friends and general motorcycle buddies.
I will be using my bike as a daily commuter and weekend dirt/gravel road adventurer.

I am at Elsworth and Baseline.

Hope to meet up.

Mike

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Just picked up my 2011 Wee yesterday. I rode a KLR for a couple years and finally got back on two wheels.

I am looking for some riding friends and general motorcycle buddies.
I will be using my bike as a daily commuter and weekend dirt/gravel road adventurer.

I am at Elsworth and Baseline.

Hope to meet up.

Mike

Are you an early riser? I find I just can't sleep in anymore. I'm thinking the ride out to tortilla flats would be fun next week.

I usually head out around 7 these days to beat the heat on the way home but we'll be getting better and better weather.

I know a spot to meet at Brown and Elsworth for the tortilla flat ride. If you ever want to head up to Bartlett Lake you'd pass me on the way up. I'm near Scottsdale and McDowell.

I ride solo all the time but would prefer a riding partner on the back roads!

If you've not ridden the Apache Trail it's quite fun. I've not yet taken the dirt road on my wee but would like to.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Antelope Canyon

Hey Guys; just a shout out from Salt lake City. Couple of years ago I rode the 4 corners area and had a blast. I just learned of another reason to go back down. Someone told me about a place just south of Page called Antelope Canyon. It's supposed to be similar to The Wave that is in southern Utah. Have any of you Az. riders been there? Is it on the reservation? what do I need to know if I manage to make it a reality?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey Guys; Someone told me about a place just south of Page called Antelope Canyon. It's supposed to be similar to The Wave that is in southern Utah. Have any of you Az. riders been there? Is it on the reservation? what do I need to know if I manage to make it a reality?
I haven't been there yet, I only know it's a pretty far ride from phoenix but it's a place I've already put on my list of places to ride.

all you really need to know is google and click on the map and maybe zoom out a bit.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It'll be Tucson this weekend with a ride up mount lemmons saturday and maybe sunday also but I gotta get home sunday so I might just head back up and beat the heat.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've been wanting to get out but I've been working 6 days a week and on Sunday I'm just relaxing with my kids or girl friend.
But I'll keep checking back and if I get a Friday or Saturday off, I'm down with a ride!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mesa rider

Hey Teknik,

Sorry for the delay.. I just noticed I didnt check the box to inform me of a response on this thread...

I am been riding my bike daily to and from work... I will be oredering some farkles on Monday and hopefully soon will be getting crash bars and skidplate... then I will want to do the Apache Trail.

I have done it lots of times on my old KLR... looking forward to getting some dirt roads in soon..

Lemme know if your ever in my area and we can meet up..

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm in tempe and go riding nearly every saturday and sunday at least for a short while.

You can always ride out to tortilla flats, turn around at the end of the pavement, and come back. The road's not in the best of shape but it's still fun and just gorgeous through there.

I also need to get a skid plate, it's also on my end list.

Wow! I just went down to Tucson and rode Mt Lemmon yesterday!

That was really fun! It's the best road I've ridden on for sure!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Wow has it been a nice week. We lucked out it seems, the way September rolled in I was thinking it was going to be hot until November this year.

Ever since the equinox it's been below 100 and very pleasant. I haven't made up my mind entirely yet but I think I'm going to head north around bartlett lake and travel on some of the dirt roads around there.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I need to get down that way to do some riding.
I lived in Az in the 80's.
Could not stand the heat all year long.
I guess the winter was ok but the skiing was to far away.
Now my knees wont let me ski and the cold is getting to me.:green_lol:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Phoenix riders do you want to be part of the chain the cache will be in your area this month.

From 2mstone

It's very likely I'll be taking the Strom Cache south to Arizona in a couple of weeks - Oct 18 - 21
Any Strommers in the Flagstaff area interested in playing the Cache game?
Check here for details;
Strom Cachers USA/CANADA - Revived

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey all....do you all wan to do a Saturday morning meet then head up to Tortilla Flats for breakfast or something. Just throwing the idea out there, open to anything.

Mark

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hey all....do you all wan to do a Saturday morning meet then head up to Tortilla Flats for breakfast or something. Just throwing the idea out there, open to anything.

Mark

That would be fun! I'm down, sorry I missed this post. I had almost given up on this thread!

I'll propose going past the restaurant in tortilla flats and riding the dirt road all the way to the dam. It's a beautiful ride, I ride to tortilla flats once a month or so. The WeeII does great on the not so great surface of the road.

·
Registered
34 Posts
sorry

I just put my 2011 on Craigslist... and washed her up for the last time...:headbang:

Selling because I need to fund another project...

Have fun and be safe!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I might be able to do a ride next weekend.
I have family in town and need to replace my sprockets and chain. I'm hoping I get time to do it Friday and that I can find my chain breaker To cut the chain to length.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I might be able to do a ride next weekend.
I have family in town and need to replace my sprockets and chain. I'm hoping I get time to do it Friday and that I can find my chain breaker To cut the chain to length.

I have a chain breaker if you need to borrow one. Nothing fancy but gets the job done.

[email protected]

I am in Chandler.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts