StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're passing through the Phoenix area, let me know. I can put someone up for a night, garage parking for your bike, your own bathroom, tools, big screen TV...beer. Everything except my wife!

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
You do have some fantastic weather there in the winter as well as some fantastic scenery. I was there in February '09 and again in October '09. Rode from Phoenix to the west coast in February and from Nashville to Phoenix in October. I wouldn't want to be there in July or August but the winter months are great ;)

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
My wife and I spent a week, exactly three years ago at the Canyon and in Phoenix. In Phoenix we had to take siestas, it was too hot to ride in the afternoon. In mid-November?!?!

I'm headed down to South Florida next week (it's like Phoenix, but it's a moist heat) for a few days.

Cheers, you never know who might show up.

·
Registered
453 Posts
If you're passing through the Phoenix area, let me know. I can put someone up for a night, garage parking for your bike, your own bathroom, tools, big screen TV...beer. Everything except my wife!
I'd be careful about the wife talk :) ..... I've seen your wife and she's cute!

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
Yep Yep Yep...............

·
Registered
115 Posts
AZ winter

Yep. After growing up in SoCal and spending several years in Virginia, Florida, and North Carolina, I'm lovin' Arizona!

I love being able to m/c commute all year long. I layer up when it's chilly (40-50 F) in the morning and strip down to the jacket and pants when I come home in the afternoon (65-75 F). I actually look forward to the commute!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Phoenix is a lot of fun. I grew up in Los Angeles and have been in AZ for about 9 years now and love it. I go to Phoenix quite often, but I have never been there on the bike. I always stop by Stacy's Famous BBQ on Indian School just west of the 51. He has great ribs there.

I visit Prescott often because my brother and parents live there. There is lots of good riding around Prescott.

I rode 100 miles today. From Kingman through Oatman to Laughlin for dinner and back to Kingman. The road to Oatman has a lot of twisties and can be plenty of fun but I had the girlfriend on the back to slow me down a bit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very cool

What a cool offer, however, I'd have to figure out how to get my bike over the cascades or siskiyous to get there... :headbang:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts