StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a personal plate and added a wired rear facing camera. I was a bit surprised the name wasn't taken given the numbers of VSTROM's there seems to be in the state. Sheriff buddy said posting it online was no problem. I may ditch that dealer cover. It is from my Honda anyways.

Reactions: flgolfer29

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Not to mention that in some areas (namely where i live), you cannot cover your plate with anything. If the police can't see the province/state name and/or the saying at the bottom you can be fined.

Good choice on the personalized plate, wish they would be available here!

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well I had ARIANA on my DL650A for Ariana Grande but after my wife saw her new Side-to-Side music video she made me pick something else for the new bike so I moved her to my truck. LOL

It's $15 USD here for a personalized plate. You can go out and Search a database to see if it is available and then reserve it. It takes a few weeks to get notified to pick it up and trade the old one.

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They wash my [Ford] truck for free whenever I want at the dealer so I said I would leave it on one of my vehicles. I will move it back to my Honda.

Yah, dump the frame...unless they are paying you to advertise.

·
Registered
811 Posts
There are 2 reasons I immediately take the dealer frame off any vehicle I purchase.

First, I spent 20+ years in advertising and marketing sales. I found it silly to pay thousands of dollars to a dealer and then drive around for years advertising their business for free. I would even tell them not to put the dealer decal on the back; one dealer forgot to do this and I refused delivery until they took it off. Just one of my little peccadillos; wife thinks I'm crazy.

Second, I know from professional experience that obscuring any part of your license plate in my state is illegal. Except no one seems to be telling the dealers that.

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the police here are just happy to see any license plate at all. lol I see so many vehicles without them or temp tags or anything. Not sure what is up with that. I don't let the dealer stick/attach anything on my newly purchased vehicles that really sticks to them but they no longer seem to do that here.

This Honda dealer does both cars and powersports and they have given me so much free stuff that I do it to keep the wheel greased. They just gave me a Honda shirt for free when I was there a few weeks ago and they are expensive. They have free breakfast all you can eat pancakes once a month. It's been three years since I bought a vehicle (Honda PCX 150) from them at a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
It's $15 here for a personalized plate.
WOW, that's cheap in QLD Australia we pay anywhere from around $469AUD to $2395AUD

Cheers GotaV2

·
Registered
570 Posts
WOW, that's cheap in QLD Australia we pay anywhere from around $469AUD to $2395AUD

Cheers GotaV2
And a yearly payment on top of that in NSW.:furious:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
And a yearly payment on top of that in NSW.:furious:
You are ripped off more than us :surprise:

You'd think they would be cheaper as we only get 1 and its half the size of a car plate :furious::furious::furious:

Cheers GotaV2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts