StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i m about to buy a gerbing jacket, i have a strom650 07 what better a portable or permant temp controller? and if permanet where u think its better to install?

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
I have two bikes with a Gerbings hookup. I like the portable controller because I just plug it into whatever bike I am riding.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have the portable unit with one half of the Velcro epoxied on the back. The other half of the Velcro is sewed on the left side of my tank panniers strap. I clip the controller in place when I need it. Simple and easy to use and I can move it to my next bike when I sell the Wee.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I have the portable controller with the little pouch that they sell. I just leave it clipped onto my jacket during the cold season. For my tastes, the portable unit is easier to deal with, portable if you have more that one bike, and easier to install.

I love heated gear...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Mine has the portable unit, but it is velcroed to the plastic behind the handlebars for easy access. All the wiring is fed under the tank/seat and if I need to hook anything up I can just route it up to the jacket. Control knobs are right there out front.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I've got mine installed under the seat with the control knob mounted on the dash. It's the only bike I ride, so it's there when I need it.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Ditto with the portable, I have velco on the tank and the tank bag to keep it in place whatever the configuration is. At close to a hundred bucks, most of us wouldn't buy two of the controllers to satisfy a need.

·
Registered
944 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ditto

Portable is preferred for me. I have a KLR also and switch between the Wee and KLR often enough to merit the portability.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I also have two bikes, so the portable controller in it's little case hooked to my jacket is the way I went.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts