StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if there was aftermarket speed parts for a DL1000

Like higher compression pistons and aftermarket cams?

Curious... not this year

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts

Curious... not this year
I presume you saw the 650 cam thread from Blair With SV Racing.

You might ask him.

·
Registered
522 Posts

Curious... not this year
Just get the cams out of an SV1000 and shave a few thousandth's off the head. Mission accomplished!

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Save money pull the DL1000 lump and replace it with the SV1000 lump and your off to the races. You will also want the throttle bodies and the computer from the sv.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Better yet, just buy an SV and leave the DL intact for use as it was intended

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Just guessing

I'd guess that the airbox is a bit small on the DL if you are looking for top performance. The exhaust clearly is for limiting noise. And the ignition timing is almost certainly conservative. So I kinda doubt that hotter cams are gonna get you much power And they'll probably kill the low end torque. Definitely need some other tweaks.

·
Administrator
17,219 Posts
The Stroms and speed just don't play well together.......get yourself another bike for that IMHO.

·
Registered
22,310 Posts
Save money pull the DL1000 lump and replace it with the SV1000 lump and your off to the races. You will also want the throttle bodies and the computer from the sv.
why limit yerself, go with one from a TLS or TLS innards

peak hp is plenty imho, (I usually am running knobby tires, speeds over a ton are even scarier than with street tires) I would like the torque to develop a bit quicker, like right at an idle like a Harley

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
The Stroms and speed just don't play well together.......get yourself another bike for that IMHO.
I agree... If you want fast and powerful... buy a bike that was meant for it... Why even bother to waste your money by attempting to soup up a "shopping cart" of a motorcycle like the Strom?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I agree... If you want fast and powerful... buy a bike that was meant for it... Why even bother to waste your money by attempting to soup up a "shopping cart" of a motorcycle like the Strom?
Kind of harsh statement. It's more of a jacked up truck with a hot motor.

I would leave it alone too. But getting a good dyno tune and performance exhaust would go a long way towards the goal of the OP. This bike is bigger and heavier than teh TL or the SV so removing torque from the mid-range and shifting it up would be a frustrating bike to ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts