StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rjsurfer
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just curious about something before I get my 650, I don't see many performance parts for the Wee, such as dual headers, cams, bore and stroker kits, off course no jet kits but what about chip programers?

My DRZ 400SM has seen just about everything replaced on the engine, made it a new bike. I could spend hours looking at performance stuff on the web for that bike. One could easily get 15% more horsepower.

Is the 650 that well designed and built ? I'm hoping so..

Ron W.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Maybe because people who want more power just get a DL1000 for less additional cost and more reliability than power upgrades.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Hi,

Just curious about something before I get my 650, I don't see many performance parts for the Wee, such as dual headers, cams, bore and stroker kits, off course no jet kits but what about chip programers?

My DRZ 400SM has seen just about everything replaced on the engine, made it a new bike. I could spend hours looking at performance stuff on the web for that bike. One could easily get 15% more horsepower.

Is the 650 that well designed and built ? I'm hoping so..

Ron W.
The 650 engine is basically an SV650, so there is a fair amount of stuff available. The bottom ends aren't overly strong though, so once you start getting north of 80-85hp reliabilty takes a dive.
The most cost effective mod would be Yosh's drop-in cams, along with fuel remapping.
As greywolf said though, if you really want more power just get the 1000. Be much cheaper in the long run.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Not to mention the added prestige of owning a V!

You meant:
"But it doesn't have the prestige of DL650 ownership!"

·
Rjsurfer
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are there dual pipes with larger header pipes for the 650?

Ron W.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Are there dual pipes with larger header pipes for the 650?

Ron W.
Dunno, but it's not the pipe that's the main restriction on the Wee's output, it's the cams.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Not to mention the added prestige of owning a V!
Well, the 'V" bike may or may not be more prestigous, but it's a thoroughly documented fact that "Wee" owners both smarter and much better looking than their "V" counterparts. :p :p

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ugly is the new beautiful.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Well, the 'V" bike may or may not be more prestigous, but it's a thoroughly documented fact that "Wee" owners both smarter and much better looking than their "V" counterparts. :p :p
And we have that minty fresh smell.

·
Registered
216 Posts
And... you know what they say about guys with big bikes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I say take all the money that you want to spend and instead of destroying a great motor, put that money into suspension upgrades.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts