StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Vee and want to mount luggage on it and am debating the Trax vs Pelican. Pelican wins hands down in the price category so that is not a question.

I will be camping and tying some gear to the top of the sidebags. Trax has tie downs and I don't see any on the Pelicans. Then there is that side vs top loading thing to consider.

I would like to hear from anyone with experiences good or bad with either and if you have had both which would you buy again?

·
Registered
251 Posts
well

If ya look up bungie buddies you will see that they can be placed anywhere and are an immediate tie down point. Now go to your local outdoor store and buy four 6' strips of 1" webbing and four sets of Fastex buckles. Now you can tie a refrigerator to your Zundapp. Just a thought.

I put the Pelican cases from Caribou Luggage on my Vee and so far they are still where I put em. They are roomy and seem to be very secure at speeds approaching paranormal. ;) Company was great and they even called me at home at 7:00 pm on a Saturday evening to tell me the bolt that was accidentally left out of my order was being expressed to me. I had it first thing Monday morning. Good Job Caribou.....

Flint

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
There is a new side loading aluminum case offering: Micatech.

If you like side loaders, wouldn't it be Pelican versus Givi?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I prefer top loaders and side loader, top loader doesn't matter that much. I am looking for function and durability.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
The ticket...

...is right here.

A guy in the grocery store this evening, noticing my helmet and jacket, said, "Must have a 'Wing, huh?"

See below, for my opinion.

\/
\/
\/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts